Ranchers.net Bull Session

Sad day

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:52 pm

MsSage wrote:I brought my horses back from a pasture and they looked bad so I got some of the empower...opened it up and half of it was clumped together and moldy...
yeah a waste of $30 having to wait till tomorrow for the feed rep to be at the feed store to see if I can get a refund or exchange.....

Anything that has a high fat content that is left where it is warm, has a tendency to lose quality, smell bad, sour, clump, etc. So if you had it
where it wasn't kept cool, they might not take it back. You have to be
careful with that stuff, sometimes there is a processing problem. You might
ask them about that.

My suggestion would to be get your horses wormed and remember, a supplement is a supplement, not a substiture. You are feeding them hay, right, or is your grass plentiful?

Check your pm's.
Good luck!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

MsSage
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MsSage » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I worm every 3 months. Which I did as soon as they got home. I had just bought the bag and opened it when I got home, so it was already like that before I bought it.
Feeding brome hay and honey glo feed with beet pulp shreds mixed in.
I was wanting the supplement to put weight on fast so they would be ready for winter.....Yes, I feed all winter along with either Alfalfa or brome hay.
I have to feed hay all year ...no grass. With 5.33 inches of rain all year dont make a good pasture.
that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government.
Declaration of Independence

Return to “Horses & Dogs”