Page 1 of 1

Horses

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am
by jodywy
Horses are scared of only 2 things. Things that move, and things that don't move! :D

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm
by Big Muddy rancher
Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

I figured he meant the ones in the pasture and they were on the hiway.

Well it was a mare and a couple colts in the corral that jumped/broke the fence. All I can figure was the cats got to fighting in the loft and a bale got pushed down. There is a gate across the barn door so they saw this and spooked. After I got them in they still didn't want to go past the door as the bale was still sitting there. :? :D

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 pm
by Chimenea
Big Muddy rancher wrote:Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

I figured he meant the ones in the pasture and they were on the hiway.

Well it was a mare and a couple colts in the corral that jumped/broke the fence. All I can figure was the cats got to fighting in the loft and a bale got pushed down. There is a gate across the barn door so they saw this and spooked. After I got them in they still didn't want to go past the door as the bale was still sitting there. :? :D


So, then, that means Jodywy's list of things horses are afraid of should read as follows:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move
3. Food

Did I get that about right? :lol:

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 pm
by Big Muddy rancher
Chimenea wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

I figured he meant the ones in the pasture and they were on the hiway.

Well it was a mare and a couple colts in the corral that jumped/broke the fence. All I can figure was the cats got to fighting in the loft and a bale got pushed down. There is a gate across the barn door so they saw this and spooked. After I got them in they still didn't want to go past the door as the bale was still sitting there. :? :D


So, then, that means Jodywy's list of things horses are afraid of should read as follows:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move
3. Food

Did I get that about right? :lol:


Yep :D

But it was a square bales and they have been eating rounds. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 pm
by gcreekrch
Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

My 4 wheeler has never done a thing like that. :wink:

Re: Horses

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:18 pm
by Justin
jodywy wrote:Horses are scared of only 2 things. Things that move, and things that don't move! :D


and they only eat until they are full. :? :???:

:wink:

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm
by LazyWP
gcreekrch wrote:Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

My 4 wheeler has never done a thing like that. :wink:


Barrel horse=NO BRAIN

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:45 pm
by Justin
LazyWP wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

My 4 wheeler has never done a thing like that. :wink:


Barrel horse=NO BRAIN


no brain if that's all ya ever do with them.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 pm
by gcreekrch
Justin wrote:
LazyWP wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

My 4 wheeler has never done a thing like that. :wink:


Barrel horse=NO BRAIN


no brain if that's all ya ever do with them.


Oh she rides them in the steep hills where they live but she can't be convinced to lay off the grain when they are not working. That combined with the bloodline she likes makes them pretty goosey.