Ranchers.net Bull Session

Sadie's April fools

Stories and questions about our best friends.
George
Rancher
Rancher

Sadie's April fools

Postby George » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Sadie had her pups on April 1st - - - 2 boys and 4 girls - - - my daughter was upset as she had taken 9 reservations - - - I told her that Tigger was a month behind and she stated she had 9 reservations on that litter as well. We had a long discussion that we do not reserve pups untill they are born.

She did very well with just the six.

Four fat little girls.

My Grandson checking them out!

This is the pups on 3-15, 2 weeks and a huge differance

Same pups on 4-29 - - - 4 weeks od and already developing personalities!

Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Sadie's April fools

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Pretty cute pups.

We have lots of dogs over the years but Mom never wanted us to raise pups as she figured we would be to attached to them to let them go. Truth be known it would be her that won't want them to go.
The neighbor brought his nice Border Collie bad word over and we hope she got bred to by BC. My son and his girl are wanting a pup out of the union. Vickie has had problems getting bred in the past so we are just hopeful but not counting the chickens just yet.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat May 02, 2015 4:56 am

They sure do grow fast! You must have a very good reputation to have that many pups spoken for! That's great!

BMR, I'd listen to George and wouldn't reserve pups for 9 new owners just yet. :D :D :D :D
Good luck getting your female bred. BTW, how did your Ace dog turn out? Any pictures of him?
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat May 02, 2015 10:15 am

Faster horses wrote:They sure do grow fast! You must have a very good reputation to have that many pups spoken for! That's great!

BMR, I'd listen to George and wouldn't reserve pups for 9 new owners just yet. :D :D :D :D
Good luck getting your female bred. BTW, how did your Ace dog turn out? Any pictures of him?

Ace and Buster the red and white dog love to help with chores in the morning, if calves are out through the feed bunk they bring them down to the gate or back in from horse pasture if they get out there. They push the steers back from the gate when i go out to feed them, and will get behind the bred hfrs and bulls to bring them up to the feed truck when I take them out away from the yard to feed on clean ground. They will bring the calves out of the pens when they get their grain in the bunk done and are going out for hay

He is a bit older now but looks the same. :D

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

George
Rancher
Rancher

Postby George » Sat May 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes you can make money selling pups but the enjoyment and help you get from the ones you keep around is a much better reward.

Just like cows you take care of them and they will feed your family.
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.

Watch your words, they become your actions.

Watch your actions, they become your habits.

Watch your habits, they become your character.

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat May 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Faster horses wrote:They sure do grow fast! You must have a very good reputation to have that many pups spoken for! That's great!

Ace and Buster the red and white dog love to help with chores in the morning, if calves are out through the feed bunk they bring them down to the gate or back in from horse pasture if they get out there. They push the steers back from the gate when i go out to feed them, and will get behind the bred hfrs and bulls to bring them up to the feed truck when I take them out away from the yard to feed on clean ground. They will bring the calves out of the pens when they get their grain in the bunk done and are going out for hay

He is a bit older now but looks the same. :D

I always thought he was so handsome, even as a pup. He is a gorgeous dog and sound like you have a good team of workers!
Thanks for the picture of him.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Return to “Horses & Dogs”