Ranchers.net Bull Session

How's the weather your way????

Any topic that doesn't fit in one of the other Boards.
Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Soapweed

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:49 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Cowgal wrote:Goodmorning Soapweed! Thats an interesting name! Is it a place? Our kids go back the first week of September. I hope we get some good beach weather! Otherwise my husband and I have fencing, clearing bush, buliding compounds and lots of other fun stuff to too! LOL!!!

You ride horses?

Yea Soapweed do you ride horses? :wink: :wink: :cowboy:

BMR, It was a legitimate question because Soap was ALMOST riding a mule not long ago :roll: :roll: :wink:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Soapweed

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:08 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Cowgal wrote:Goodmorning Soapweed! Thats an interesting name! Is it a place? Our kids go back the first week of September. I hope we get some good beach weather! Otherwise my husband and I have fencing, clearing bush, buliding compounds and lots of other fun stuff to too! LOL!!!

You ride horses?

Yea Soapweed do you ride horses? :wink: :wink: :cowboy:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:14 pm

good evening, all!!! what a simply GLORIOUS day in the madison valley of southwest montana!!! rain finally stopped, the sun finally came out and i believe our temperature finally got over 70 degrees :shock: :shock: Sure hope it sticks around for a week so the family can enjoy the 4th of July rodeo while i am "slaving" at work, taking care of the broken up, wounded cowboys :wink: :wink:
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Cowgal: "You ride horses?"

We use horses quite a bit on our ranch. We don't own any ATVs, so we depend on horses to get us around and work the cattle. Actually, thinking about it, we flat couldn't operate without them.

I confess, I did almost buy a mule a week and a half ago. It just wasn't in the cards to come home with a long-eared friend, because my bidding arm seemed to lose strength and wouldn't raise anymore. I've even been guilty of riding an occasional Appaloosa, Paint, Morgan and Tennessee Walking Horse. Hope I'm not so open minded that my brains have fallen out. :shock:

Speaking of Morgans, one of the very best horses my dad had through the years was one fourth Morgan and three-fourths Quarter Horse. This sorrel gelding, named Penny, was a cow cutting fool. He was tough, with endurance galore, and was just a real good all-around ranch horse. The horse never became overly gentle, but if you were a good rider he was an excellent partner to help get just about any cattle job done with.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:25 am

Interesting, Soap~my husband's grandfather had an excellent bay mare of the same lineage you mentioned and he also called her "Penny." She was an extremely good horse, but the grandsons wanted to do a few things in an arena and that is one thing she absolutely hated. Was never a good arena horse. Didn't bother Grand-dad much~he was probably relieved!!

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:19 am

Weather here is starting out absolutely beautiful...blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds....of course, those clouds could always turn a tad ugly in the afternoon!!!! How about anyone over on the west coast/oregon/washington area???

Never forget!

Manitoba_Rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Manitoba_Rancher » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:37 am

Sun is shining but more rain on the way tonite. Calling for severe thunderstorms to hammer us tonite. Guess we'll have to wait and see. It is so wet here, that the few cows we have at home we are stil feeding cause we cant get them to pasture yet. We have to hook the 4 wheel drive onto the MFD MX 110 CIH to get it through the mud with the bales. All the oldtimers cant ever remember it being this wet in this area. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Canadian Beef.... A supreme delicious product!

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:44 am

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:Sun is shining but more rain on the way tonite. Calling for severe thunderstorms to hammer us tonite. Guess we'll have to wait and see. It is so wet here, that the few cows we have at home we are stil feeding cause we cant get them to pasture yet. We have to hook the 4 wheel drive onto the MFD MX 110 CIH to get it through the mud with the bales. All the oldtimers cant ever remember it being this wet in this area. :shock: :shock: :shock:

the oldtimers around here will tell you that they have never seen the mountains and hills this green and this wet in decades!!! sure is pretty, but also makes getting around a pain when you are constantly getting stuck in the mud and your hubby has to rescue you in the tractor!! :shock: :oops: :wink:

Never forget!

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:21 am

Australian Cattleman wrote:Our lawn is nice and green and the flowers are blooming quite well. Will prune the roses in about a months time. We have pansies and calendulas in bloom at the minute. We have lots of daffodils in the ground as well as ranunculi,cottage gladioli,ixias,babianas,dutch iris,star lavender,crocus and lots of other bulbs. Our garden is about an acre and a half. We have lots of native and deciduous rees. We have about 100 roses. In about 18months to 2 years we will open our garden to the public once a year.
Here in Australia they have a thing called the open garden scheme. It has gardens open at various times and various areas at leats once a year. All the money for admission goes to charity.
My garden just has me (and my wife who does the watering).
Colin

Colin, any chance of you putting up pictures of your garden?? The roses and bulbs sound lovely.

jorgea

How's the Weather?

Postby jorgea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 pm

It's raining cats and dogs over here.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Foggier than London and colder.

Happy cattle

Postby Happy cattle » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 pm

:P here in the dakota's we a got a little snow, sun broke out today and felt like warm day of 29 degrees!

Horse feels fresh got the buck out. :cboy:
ya all have a great day.
Love what you do......do what you love♥

Return to “Everything Else”