good morning, friends and neighbors (yes, even you, Les
)......was reading the local newspaper yesterday and they ran a story about a 13 year old boy from Beaverhead County (Dillon-area, for those of you not familiar with Montana----only about an hours drive my our place
) who is currently recovering at home after spending a few days in the hospital with confirmed Hanta Virus!! I am posting this as a warning to anyone who may come in contact with the droppings, dried urine, etc of deer mice! A few years ago I myself took care of a man who we seriously suspected of contracting Hanta Virus after cleaning out his old cabin "and finding an awful lot of mouse droppings that were simply swept up with a dry broom"....if you clean mouse droppings in your home, shop, barn..please take caution and use a solution of part bleach and part water!! Simple as that and it could honestly save your life!!! I just don't wanna hear of any of you dear people getting sick of something so darned avoidable!! Gloves and a face mask (that i am sure any health care facility would be glad to GIVE to you) are not a bad idea, either!!! Best of luck to you all and the happiest of july 4th to you!!!