Ranchers.net Bull Session

Winner- Country Roads

Come on, send in your entry!
the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Winner- Country Roads

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 am

Congratulations this week go to Jigger Boss!!!!

Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Jigger Boss
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jigger Boss » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks all. All the pictures were great in this contest!! :D Good job everyone that entered! :D .
This picture was taken on the top of the Ootsa Lake Road. It looks like it falls off into the frozen Ootsa Lake, but there is another road at the bottom of that hill that runs along the Lake. Tweedsmuir Park is on the other side of the lake.

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 pm

It also looks colddddddd lol
Life is a roller coaster.

You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 pm

that one got my vote. :D

:tiphat:
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

MsSage
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MsSage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

CONGRATTS I would love to slide down that hill :shock:
that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government.
Declaration of Independence

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

MsSage wrote:CONGRATTS I would love to slide down that hill :shock:

Not in your truck you wouldn't. :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 pm

That's a great picture.
I love the low clouds and the way that old road disappears into the frozen mountain lake.
You had to be at the right place at the right time for this opportunity.
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Red Barn Angus

Postby Red Barn Angus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 pm

There were some great photos in this contest. It would be really interesting to hear about some of the other pictures and where they were taken.

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Red Barn Angus wrote:There were some great photos in this contest. It would be really interesting to hear about some of the other pictures and where they were taken.

Since mine came in second place (#3), I'll tell you about it.

This gravel road was the first public road built between Merriman, NE and Martin, SD around 1930, and was used until the late 1950's when the present day, oil highway was constructed. Prior to the building of this road there were only wagon trails with necessary improvements where needed.

The wagon trails skirted wet meadows that earlier had been shallow lakes until they were ditched and drained. Travelers had to manage their trip between the swampy areas and the soft sand hills, an awful combination for teamsters. Short grades still exist in a few places that were made to allow travel where it was next to impossible.

Today, this is mostly a private road used by two landowners and a neighbor or two. We were moving weaned calves on this nice fall day several years ago when I took this photo.
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Red Barn Angus

Postby Red Barn Angus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks JFRanch. That makes this contest even more interesting. No. 10 looks much like a drive I took near Lake Tahoe.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm

Mine was #9. It's just an old desert 2 track that runs west on the north side of Simpson Mountain. I was looking for 3 pair that a neighbor had misplaced late one fall when I snapped the picture. If a person was to follow this old road and then continue on west when it petered out, it would be about 150 miles to a town. Unless you count Callio as a town. It's about 12 families on ranches near the base of the Deep Creek Mountains and its 80 miles west from here. This road runs parallel to the Pony Express Trail which is 10 miles to the north. I really enjoyed all the entries. My favorite was #7 but the rest were pretty too. :D
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

per
Rancher
Rancher

Postby per » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

#8 was mine. We have a few city type pastures where agriculture is no longer priority. We are unloading at my sisters place next door to my favorite golf course and a half a mile from all the trappings of town. It is a bit humorous watching the poor folks in their Beamers avoiding some of the deposits that inadvertently get left on the road.

Return to “Photo Contest”