Ranchers.net Bull Session

Winner- Country Roads

Come on, send in your entry!
hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 pm

I totally missed last week's contest , probably a good thing as I would not be able to choose what pic to vote for . Great pics everyone , such diversity yet all have the one thing in common. Loved them all !!!! :D
HD

Clarencen

Postby Clarencen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 am

Mine was #2 the Rosebud Timber Reserve Road. I think it started as just a fire trail. It leads to a canyon, if you follow the canyon on down you would reach the Chases Woman Dam. This dam is on a small stream that comes in from the south, another 1/2 mile on you would reach the Little White River.The canyon is narrow,not many place where you could turn around. This time of year it would be full of snow and ice. In the summer after rain it might washed out. Ther is some fishing on this dam.

A branch from this trail leads you to the Iron Shell Cemetery,Chief Iron Shell is buried there.

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 am

Mine was #1 took it last spring it a Boner road in eastern Wyoming leads out to a ranch we are looking at if we sold this moutain valley ranch.... the mud on Boner road that day just made us look at the road. :?
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 pm

The pictures are GREAT but the stories make them more interesting. :D

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Jassy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Jassy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:The pictures are GREAT but the stories make them more interesting. :D

:agree:
"When you get bucked off, the easiest way to explain it is to say you dropped your hat and got off in a hurry to get it.."

Jassy

Triangle Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Triangle Bar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Congrats Jigger Boss a terrific photo as were the rest.

Mine was #7. I had snapped a few photos while repairing the gate & fence next to the cattle guard. You can see the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains looking south. This is a county road now that runs through my summer graze and at this point is right on the old stage coach road that served the mines in the late 1800's before the railroad was built. The biggest was the Orient Mine, which derived it's name from the majority of oriental workers. The mine was closed due to a catastrophic collapse and never reopened. There are 80 miners still buried in it's depths.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. - Rev. 3:20

Laughing Stock - Cows with a sense of humor!

Return to “Photo Contest”