Ranchers.net Bull Session

The winning picture's details

Come on, send in your entry!
nr
Rancher
Rancher

The winning picture's details

Postby nr » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:50 pm

Do you think we could add that the winning picture has some explanation of it by the photographer such as where and when it was taken and anything else that might be of interest to viewers like difficulties faced getting the shot, type camera, etc?

cert

Postby cert » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:10 pm

I like that idea nr.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:23 pm

I like that idea, too. Except that it should be up to the photographer to come back and tell the story. Not up to me to post it. I wouldn't get anything else done.

Also, the question has arisen on number of entries. Should we allow more than one entry per person? I really don't care except can we handle lots of entries? Jersey Lilly already ran into problems on photobucket and all the pictures have to come from photobucket~unless someone knows another way of doing things. She also said if we delete the photos on photobucket, it will also delete on ranchers.net. So cert is going to put them all on a CD for us.

Murgen, I think it was, mentioned a link to the pictures. Would that be a way to do it and not overload photobucket?

cert

Postby cert » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 pm

FH, when you get the pic in your pm box and are ready to post it to the forum, I think you can just right click on the photo left click the copy image location. Then go to where you want to post the picture and hit the img button>ctrl v>and the img button again. You should be set with out putting them all in your PB account.
Clear as mud? good

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:38 pm

In that case, I don't know why we have to limit entries. The less rules, the better, I think.

cert

Postby cert » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:39 pm

Faster horses wrote:In that case, I don't know why we have to limit entries. The less rules, the better, I think.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:14 am

Why not limit the entries to one per person? That way you only see the best of the best pre-sorted by the poster him/herself.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 am

Yea, but...here is what happens.

The photographer sends in three or four and has the moderator choose which one goes in the contest. That's not fair to the moderator...what if the picture they pick doesn't win, when one of the other ones might?

I hate having to chose for someone else in the fact I would feel bad if I chose wrong.

nr
Rancher
Rancher

Postby nr » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:15 am

nr wrote:Why not limit the entries to one per person? That way you only see the best of the best pre-sorted by the poster him/herself.

Sorry. I meant to say "pre-sorted by the photographer him/herself."
The photographer ought to do the selecting not pile it on the one loading Photobucket.

M Gravlee
WebMaster
WebMaster

Postby M Gravlee » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:45 am

Forum Poll has a limit of 10 choices, so if you have more than 10 you would have to run two polls.

Return to “Photo Contest”