Ranchers.net Bull Session

About the photo contest

Come on, send in your entry!
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

About the photo contest

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Could 10 photos be posted in one message and the next10 or so be posted on another thread. I suppose more then one could be voted for but if only one pic per poster it shouldn't make to much trouble.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

cert

Postby cert » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:13 pm

Big muddy, I planned on posting 10 per thread till I got them all posted.
I also thought maybe we could run the week's contest a little longer and one person could vote once per thread...then bring those winners back for a "champion of champions" winner for that contest.

Any thoughts?Faster Horses...help!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Sounds good. That's how I'd do it. Can you get into the rules and change them? If not, I can do it. Shall we go 2 weeks for each contest or how exactly do you want it done?

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:17 am

Faster horses wrote:Sounds good. That's how I'd do it. Can you get into the rules and change them? If not, I can do it. Shall we go 2 weeks for each contest or how exactly do you want it done?

This is getting interesting,suppose we have 28 entries,which takes 3 polls 2 at 10 and 1 at 8,some of us are gonna vote in all 3,makes no differnce there still will be a winner in each poll, then a run off for those winners then maybe a run off because we have a tie,matter of fact you could have a three way tie,so the contest could get lenghthy,but in the end IM betting there will be one good photo standing :D :D :D ..............good luck PS thank you Ladies for putting this on.
Last edited by HAY MAKER on Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mn

Postby mn » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:17 am

I'm lost- where do I go to see the winning photo?

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:20 am

mn wrote:I'm lost- where do I go to see the winning photo?

Good point maybe the winner should repost the photo and provide detail and answer questions ?....................good luck

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:13 am

mn, the winning photo is under the topic announcing the 7 entries. You'll have to look at the poll results to see which picture won. There needs to be some way to announce the winners where the photos are, perhaps. I don't know if we can do that. I'll try and see.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:16 am

Yes, that worked. So the winner is announced at the beginning of the pictures. Worked this time anyway. I don't know what will happen if we have several different threads with pictures. This is sounding complicated to me...

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:22 am

Faster horses wrote:Yes, that worked. So the winner is announced at the beginning of the pictures. Worked this time anyway. I don't know what will happen if we have several different threads with pictures. This is sounding complicated to me...

Well hopefully,things that sound complicated Monday morning,will sound like fun Friday afternoon? :D :D ...............good luck

SDSteve

Postby SDSteve » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:57 pm

Make the voting run longer. I wasn't on here for a couple of days and missed voting.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm having second thoughts about all this.

If we give longer voting time, it will get confusing as to when the entries are supposed to be in and when the next contest starts. So voting time stands. Vote from Wed. to Friday at 12 pm. (That moved voting time 5 extra hours; from 7 pm to 12 pm. That should help some.)

This is supposed to be fun, remember? I'm thinking we should limit the entries so there isn't so much work to posting them all. If we have to run more than one thread and have a vote-off, it is going to be time consuming. So, since I'm in charge, after this week we will limit entries to 10. First 10 in gets in the contest. If your picture doesn't make it, wait til that catagory comes around again and resubmit.

No one hates rules more than me, but we have to have a stopping place.

OK Jeanne

Postby OK Jeanne » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 pm

"after this week"......does that mean that this week's category
of nature can have more than the existing 10 entries???? :???:
"The will to believe is perhaps the most powerful but certainly the most dangerous human attribute."
~Dero Saunders

Return to “Photo Contest”