Ranchers.net Bull Session

About the photo contest

Come on, send in your entry!
cert

Postby cert » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:25 pm

OK Jeanne wrote:"after this week"......does that mean that this week's category
of nature can have more than the existing 10 entries???? :???:

You are already on the list Jeanne!!! Good to go this week.

Faster Horses, maybe we can run more than 10 entries and just take the winner from both posts. Everyone will vote twice but it might work??? Just not have a post off.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:26 pm

So that would be like 2 contests, right?

I don't know if that is fair if we get 10 entries in one thread and 5 in another. Oh, what the heck. I don't care. If you don't mind posting them. But I think we should stick to the entry deadlines and voting deadlines. Okay with me if we have two contests going on at the same time within the same catagory.

Do you want to leave it like that every week? It is up to you, you have to keep track of 'em and post 'em for voting.

cert

Postby cert » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:33 pm

Faster horses wrote:So that would be like 2 contests, right?

I don't know if that is fair if we get 10 entries in one thread and 5 in another.

Good point...didn't think of it that way. 10 is ok with me, then just wait till the catagory comes around next time.

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:35 pm

If you have more than 10 photos and hafta do it in two threads, the poll still tells you how many votes each picture got. but it won't keep someone that voted in the first post from voting in the second post. I see ya'lls dilema. If it were me, n this is just my opinion, I'd go with the limit of 10 that way it's less confusing for the person in charge.
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:12 pm

I agree heartily. However, we can't change the rules until Wednesday. So for contest #3, there will be a limit of 10 entries in that catagory.

This week there is no limit because we didn't set a limit before now.
See how it works?
Can't change the rules in the middle of the contest.
That is fair to everyone.

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:30 pm

Yeap gotcha.
Life is a roller coaster.

You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:44 pm

Faster horses wrote:No one hates rules more than me, but we have to have a stopping place.

OH my oh my, Faster Horses, you sound like a border-line anarchist. Don't we all come to realize sooner or later, and as a result of our own discomfiture or pain, that some regulation is a necessity for our peace and survival!

So we develop a legal system.

Then we create a penal system to present the illusion the the legal system is working! ! !

But really, none of this has anything to do with a photo contest . . . beg your pardon.

Juan

Postby Juan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:28 am

Ten photos per thread-----10 threads....top photo in each thread in final eleventh.
Wouldn't matter if there were less than ten threads or less than ten in one.
Does that make sense?
Juan

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:08 am

We are limiting entries to 10 each week. I would take a lot of time running more threads and then putting them on a differnt thread for a vote-off. How would we do that in one week. If we try that, then we have to start the rules all over. It takes more time than you realize to post all the pictures, figure the winners and announce them. We need to keep this simple and fun, for cert as well as the rest of us. There will be plenty of time for all the photos to be seen.

And hey, folks. If you get a photo you want to share, it doesn't need to be in the contest. Just keep posting them at random like Soapweed does. We all love pictures, any time, any place. Just cuz we have a contest, doesn't mean every picture has to be in the contest.

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Nicky » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:52 am

Well, I goofed :oops: Obviously I was 'skimming' the posts cause I thought the rules had already changed - so I didn't send a picture :? Oh well, next time :)

Return to “Photo Contest”