Ranchers.net Bull Session

Winners for week #2 "Nature"

Come on, send in your entry!
Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:11 pm

the_jersey_lilly_2000 wrote:Thanks ya'll who voted for my pic, and congrats to you too Turkey Track Bar, I really liked that shot. And all the other entries too, they were all great, made it hard to decide who to vote for.

Mine was taken this May, after we'd had a thunderstorm come thru that had lots of hail and wind. It didnt last long, but after it passed over the sun was just settin. I was cookin supper when Amanda hollered at me to grab my camera and come here. I got out on the porch and decided since my house is surrounded by trees, I'd better git in the truck and git out to the road where I could see better. One of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen. The air had that orange/pink tint to it even. The tank is the neighbor's across and down the road a ways, I climbed up the tank dam in knee deep wet grass.....lol boots were wet, jeans were wet....but oh well.

Jersey,

Taken with my Fuji S3100 digital

Ok, what's the catagory for the next contest?

Jersey,

Loved your picture, especially the colors. Our state Stockgrowers has a photo contest during their annual convention held in December. We LOVE entering, if your Stockgrowers doesn't have a contest, well, they ought to!!! Get one going, cuz there are some awesome pics entered!! Enjoy them every year with our Stockgrowers Convention!!

Congrats!!!
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
-Ronald Reagan

ranchwife
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ranchwife » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:13 pm

Lord have mercy!!! First the hubby going crazy and cheering like a kid for the broncos and now TTB and Hanta Yo, too!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Love wins....ennis, montana....June 14, 2003!!!
Never forget!

Hanta Yo
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hanta Yo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:13 pm

Turkey Track Bar wrote:Congrats Lilly!!!

My picture was taken at the top of Scottsbluff National Monument (or is it Park, Nebraskans?) this summer. I got down in my belly behind the "soapweed" and took the picture looking southeast. It was very foggy and windy that morning this past June.

I will admit, I liked a lot of the other pictures better (Jersey, yours is very beautiful) but would like to thank those who voted for mine. Who took the the last picture (#7?) in the second set of pics??? That was a great picture in my mind---

And, I took the picture with a Minolta 35 mm camera and scanned the picture in---

Cheers--it's raining here this morning!!!! Yippee!!!! Go Broncos!

TTB

TTB,

That was a beautiful picture!! Congrats!! Like I replied to Jersey, does your Stockgrowers hold a photo competition during their annual convention?

Hanta Yo
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.

I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'

-Ronald Reagan

Turkey Track Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Turkey Track Bar » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:10 am

Hanta Yo wrote:
Turkey Track Bar wrote:Congrats Lilly!!!

My picture was taken at the top of Scottsbluff National Monument (or is it Park, Nebraskans?) this summer. I got down in my belly behind the "soapweed" and took the picture looking southeast. It was very foggy and windy that morning this past June.

I will admit, I liked a lot of the other pictures better (Jersey, yours is very beautiful) but would like to thank those who voted for mine. Who took the the last picture (#7?) in the second set of pics??? That was a great picture in my mind---

And, I took the picture with a Minolta 35 mm camera and scanned the picture in---

Cheers--it's raining here this morning!!!! Yippee!!!! Go Broncos!

TTB

TTB,

That was a beautiful picture!! Congrats!! Like I replied to Jersey, does your Stockgrowers hold a photo competition during their annual convention?

Hanta Yo

Hanta Yo:

The North Dakota Stockmen's Assn. does--and do have great pics. I think they usually try and use the entries as the cover photos for their magazine (a great one!!)

Yes, the Broncos dominated, and as an added benefit to the sports weekend Colorado State won too. I was worried after the first half!

TTB

V_Key

Postby V_Key » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:50 am

Nicky wrote:I have a question - what's the difference between "funniest' and "humorous"? :?

Looks like 3 weeks to me! :)
Brand "V¬"
Public Relations Internship "Post Grad"@ San Jose State University
Founder - Time To Vote • org 501(C)(3) pending

Photo's
http://imageevent.com/v_key/

In My Pen
or
On My Fork
I Love
Lamb - Beef n Pork

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:29 am

I think it is quite humorous that we listed Funniest and Humorous as different catagories. Guess that just gives everyone a second chance to enter. Funny, isn't it? :wink:

Return to “Photo Contest”