The Photo Game

Come on, send in your entry!
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Tam wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:
Tam wrote:I would like to see something made out of something that was/is no longer useful in it's original use/form

I don't know how to move a picture of Hay Maker here to post what you are looking for. :wink: :lol:

Cute but not exactly what I was thinking :wink: :lol:

Guess she was wanting to see something useful. :oops:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 am

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Tam wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:
Tam wrote:I would like to see something made out of something that was/is no longer useful in it's original use/form

I don't know how to move a picture of Hay Maker here to post what you are looking for. :wink: :lol:

Cute but not exactly what I was thinking :wink: :lol:

Guess she was wanting to see something useful. :oops:

After lookin at you all day, she probably was :D
Good luck

hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
That was our 25th anniversary present from my folks. It was painted by Lance McLean Signs of Virden Manitoba.

What a lovely gift, it is a beautiful sign . :D
HD

Hayguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hayguy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Kato asked for some boots, here's some B.C. dancing shoes :wink:Image

now i would like to see an home-made/recycled tool or attachment or implement for an ATV/UTV

Tam
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Tam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

hillsdown wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:
That was our 25th anniversary present from my folks. It was painted by Lance McLean Signs of Virden Manitoba.

What a lovely gift, it is a beautiful sign . :D

Thanks, BMR folks gave his sister a oak china cabinet for her 25th and was going to do the same for us. Since our house wasn't the oak or china cabinet type, we asked if they would mind if we took the money and bought a ranch sign to put at the Hiway. They were happy to do that for us instead. When it was first designed by Lance he had Michael and Tamela Burgess on the sign but we asked if he would change it to The Burgess Family as we wanted to included all three generations that were and still are living here. The Bull was one of BMR bulls and the Horse is our stallion. We thought it turned out pretty nice so when we put it up we put solar lights on it so people can see it even at night.
Obama's answer to fixing healthcare is robbing Gramps to pay for scamps

caljane

Postby caljane » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:04 am

home made sprayer:

How about a picture of a FULL reservoir? :?

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:59 am

The boys aren't wearing their hardhats!

A story about that....

About 20 years ago, a lightning strike started a fire late on the Sunday afternoon of our rodeo. The bleachers basically emptied as everyone there went to fight this little fire that was very close to a resort and subdivision on Nimpo Lake.

We nearly had it out before the Forest Srevice showed up and chased us all out for not having proper "training" or wearing hardhats and steel toes. :roll: As they were getting "organized" (you always set up camp first :roll: ) the wind came up and the fire took off burning 450 acres and an airplane hanger with three planes, several quads and various other toys that one of the wealthy summer people stored in the building.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 am

gcreekrch wrote:The boys aren't wearing their hardhats!

A story about that....

About 20 years ago, a lightning strike started a fire late on the Sunday afternoon of our rodeo. The bleachers basically emptied as everyone there went to fight this little fire that was very close to a resort and subdivision on Nimpo Lake.

We nearly had it out before the Forest Srevice showed up and chased us all out for not having proper "training" or wearing hardhats and steel toes. :roll: As they were getting "organized" (you always set up camp first :roll: ) the wind came up and the fire took off burning 450 acres and an airplane hanger with three planes, several quads and various other toys that one of the wealthy summer people stored in the building.

Oh, so you are as blessed as we are with forest service personnel. :x
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 am

My brother was logging one summer, living in a sheep camp wagon , but had a hot water heater hooked to his truck manifold to shower. Well a forest fire came up he had to move his sheep camp and was drafted to stay and fight the fire using his chain saw. He had to stay in the Forest Service man camp. Well they been in town buying supplies tents bed rolls etc. Asked my brother if he got one of those $300 sleeping bags he said "nope they gave out paper ones" . After the fire he was back to work and watch as the forest service took a cat dug a pit and buried new tents and bed rolls.
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

caljane

Postby caljane » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Sadly the former posts pretty much sum up the story of this fire (caused by lightning). Picture was taken 1 hour AFTER the fire was officially declared "inactive" by the fire warden. He left and we saw smoke coming up, this time the fire got 4 times as big as it was when it was left as "job accomplished". We showed up with tools and water - the fire fighters with empty trucks waiting for a new task force to be put together ... while we were spraying and shoveling. I always had the highest respect for fire fighters, but this time was a farce.

However - where is the picture of the full reservoir? :wink:

Tam
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Tam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 pm

I would like to see a picture of a concert you have attended recently.
Obama's answer to fixing healthcare is robbing Gramps to pay for scamps

HAY MAKER
Rancher
Rancher

Postby HAY MAKER » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am

A genuine Tx concert, just gettin started good.

good luck

Return to “Photo Contest”