10%
10%
14%
5%
No votes

Total votes: 21

Chickshunt2

Postby Chickshunt2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm

10 is mine...It was loaned to me when my other machine died. It isnt fancy and doesnt do all the neat things the newer machines do but she runs and sews just as good now as the day it was bought. An outstanding machine! I wish they still knew how to build stuff to really last!

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Chickshunt2 wrote:10 is mine...It was loaned to me when my other machine died. It isnt fancy and doesnt do all the neat things the newer machines do but she runs and sews just as good now as the day it was bought. An outstanding machine! I wish they still knew how to build stuff to really last!

:lol: :lol: So your the "old" sew and sew. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

caljane

Postby caljane » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 pm

remains of the Monte Cristo mine on Constellation Road, Wickenburg, AZ. There are several old gold and silver mines on this road (which took me to a ranch I worked for about 10 years ago), very interesting for a sightseeing trip for somebody who prefers not-so-touristy road trips, 4-wheel drive recommended, though.

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:What the heck is #5? Come on JF spill the beans. :D :D

'Sorry, but I've been gone for a few days and just got back home to my computer this evening.

This photo is of an old item in my collection of 'personal treasures'. My office is full of them. Perhaps insignificant stuff to most folks but sentimental to me.

It is an old mechanical, cast iron bank. I found it many years ago in a nearby pasture where homesteaders had settled. I actually located it on a website called: mechanicalbanksonline.com. It was called the "Boy Scout Camp" bank, made from 1912-1917 by J. E. Stevens Co.

It is broken up some but if you look closely you will see a boy scout in the tent door, another standing between the tent & fire and evidence of a third one standing behind the large kettle on the fire. With a coin placed in a slot at the top of the tree, you would push the lever at the base of the tent, which would let the coin drop into the bank and make the arms of the scout standing next to the tent raise a flag up & down!

If you are interested, check out this link to see pictures of one in better shape- http://mechanicalbanksonline.com/images/banks/K148L.JPG
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Very interesting JF Ranch! The catagory for this week should be right up your alley. Pictures of your desk.........you mentioned you had a lot of things like the bank, so we'll be anxious to see what all you do have on your desk!!
Tomorrow night is when to submit your entry, so you still have plenty of time!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 pm

JF Ranch wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:What the heck is #5? Come on JF spill the beans. :D :D

'Sorry, but I've been gone for a few days and just got back home to my computer this evening.

This photo is of an old item in my collection of 'personal treasures'. My office is full of them. Perhaps insignificant stuff to most folks but sentimental to me.

It is an old mechanical, cast iron bank. I found it many years ago in a nearby pasture where homesteaders had settled. I actually located it on a website called: mechanicalbanksonline.com. It was called the "Boy Scout Camp" bank, made from 1912-1917 by J. E. Stevens Co.

It is broken up some but if you look closely you will see a boy scout in the tent door, another standing between the tent & fire and evidence of a third one standing behind the large kettle on the fire. With a coin placed in a slot at the top of the tree, you would push the lever at the base of the tent, which would let the coin drop into the bank and make the arms of the scout standing next to the tent raise a flag up & down!

If you are interested, check out this link to see pictures of one in better shape- http://mechanicalbanksonline.com/images/banks/K148L.JPG

I thought maybe it was a old bank. :D
Tam's G'pa had a "Teddy shooting a bear bank" that he gave to his first great Grandson. :D

I can't tame wild women.

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Faster horses wrote:Very interesting JF Ranch! The catagory for this week should be right up your alley. Pictures of your desk.........you mentioned you had a lot of things like the bank, so we'll be anxious to see what all you do have on your desk!!
Tomorrow night is when to submit your entry, so you still have plenty of time!

I've been so preoccupied with other things lately, I missed the desk contest. However, you asked for it, now you're goin' to get it!

Actually, I once thought about starting a thread where we all could post photos of our "sentimental treasures". This idea never quite got off the ground. I did however take a few pictures in my office and these sort of take you around the circle:

The mechanical bank can be found in one of these pictures. It would be like "Where's Waldo" and is pretty hard to spot.

I operate in a very cluttered office environment but fortunately, I know where to find everything. There are countless "sentimental treasures" represented in these photos.
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:26 am

Must keep you busy dusting. :D

I can't tame wild women.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 pm

JF, that office looks too well organized for you to be a cattleman. :D
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:Must keep you busy dusting. :D

What's dusting?

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 pm

gcreekrch wrote:JF, that office looks too well organized for you to be a cattleman. :D

You didn't notice the desk top? No wait, I didn't show my desk top. If I would have, you'd realize that I fit that classification perfectly.

per
Rancher
Rancher

Postby per » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 am

I'm a little curious about the gold record on the wall.

Return to “Photo Contest”