Ranchers.net Bull Session

Anybody Have a Corriente Saddle?

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Copper1272

Anybody Have a Corriente Saddle?

Postby Copper1272 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi! I am new here on the board and was just wondering if anyone has owned and used a Saddle made by Corriente. If so what did you like and dislike about it. Any Info would be great. Thanks :-)

TWOROPES

corriente saddle

Postby TWOROPES » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:53 pm

I have a corriente association saddle, and it is comfortable for me and my horses, have roped some big stuff out of it and not broke the tree, its plaine jane work saddle nothing fancy, worth the money.

Copper1272

Postby Copper1272 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:01 pm

That is what I was looking to buy. Thanks for the info I was also looking at one for my younger daughter as well.

mtn_90

Postby mtn_90 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:05 pm

I've got three of them and mine is real comfortable...my hubby says that his feels a little wide to him, but he hasn't really ridden it much...talked with another fellow who told him once he's ridden it awhile, it'll feel a lot better....so far, i like it....takes a lot too, roped a lot off it and never broke anything...also gives you a good seat on a not-so-smooth buckin horse...

Copper1272

Postby Copper1272 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:06 pm

Mtn_90,

Does it seem to cause any dry places on your horse or does it seem to fit pretty good?

mtn_90

Postby mtn_90 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:12 pm

Sorry Copper...haven't checked this post in awhile. It hasn't caused any dry areas on my horse. However, I did use it on my two year old, who is tall and very lanky at this point, and it didn't fit him as well as I liked -- no dry spots, but I didn't like the fit on him, so I went back to my old hereford on him, which fits very well on all my horses too.

I've been real pleased with the Corriente...rode quite a few miles in it now and just gets better and better every time I ride it. I'd recommend it, but then saddles are kinda like gloves -- each one fits a person and horse different. I like it, it's comfortable, tough, and has pulled it's weight in my book.

Copper1272

Postby Copper1272 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:12 am

Thanks mtn_90, I think I am going to go ahead and order their Association model. I always hate to order things sight unseen so thanks for the feedback.

Budman

Postby Budman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm

i got one 2 years ago i dont think you can buy a better saddle for the money i seen saddles for 2500 that are not this good and im hard on mine there tuff saddles

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 pm

my dad has two or three of them and really likes them. i remember him saying they were comfortable and you could sit down in them and not just on them. he put his through many years of pickin' up broncs and draggin' bull out of the arena....so i believe they are made well and plenty tuff.
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

RobinFarmandRanch

Postby RobinFarmandRanch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Bought an association saddle about 3 months ago. So far its been rained on 10 times, swam 3 canals, roped around 15 bulls, thrown int he mud and thrown around the truck and trailer. Couldnt ask for a better saddle. just get ready to oil that sucker for days.

iridehorses

Postby iridehorses » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 am

When I was looking at the Corriente saddle, I found this site and after getting the Wade from them, I joined so that I could add to the thread.

I'm not a rancher by trade but wanted a saddle that was capable of ranch work when necessary. I just sold a custom made that I had for ~12 years and was going to order another custom saddle but needed one right away. Used was an option but I had been thinking about the reviews I read on the Corriente. I figured I would take the chance and full expected to return it as junk. I also figured that if it was OK, I could use it as a back up or as a training saddle.

I ordered the Wade in a medium oil, round skirts, extra tooling - what they refer to as their Ebay model. A few days latter it got here and I was blown away as to what you get for such little money. Fit my horse well but I had a few questions that Wayne (owner) answered by phone - and gave me an education as well.

I decided to hold off on the new custom saddle - after ~20 hours of trail riding, this one will work out just fine.

per
Rancher
Rancher

Postby per » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:17 am

Welcome iridehorses.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”