Ranchers.net Bull Session

Dinner slump

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Mrs Leanin' H

Postby Mrs Leanin' H » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Liveoak wrote:"Sardines on Toast"? :shock:

I really like the Jalapeno ones.

I got started eating them as a kid out fencing with a couple of old hired men. :D

That all just sounds nasty! But Little H would love it! She loves oysters, sardines, kipper snacks, etc.

And are your porcupine meatballs made from porcupines or do they have rice in them?
Home is where the horse is.

hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Mrs H try this link to the cattle forum recipe board. There are some good ideas and recipes as long as you are not afraid to try different things.

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

We are having eggplant parmigiana and steak tonight and last night we had homemade grilled hamburgers stuffed with blue cheese and caesar salad..

We had jalapeno cheddar cheese cauliflower/broccoli soup (delicious) a few days ago.

Baby back ribs in a homemade tomato sauce.

Chicken fettucini with broccoli florets in a white wine sauce topped with crispy homemade croutons and swiss cheese .

Japanese Nama Udon with seafood in a satay Currie sauce.

Steak and lobster are always a favorite here too.. :D
HD

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I never knew ya needed a recipe to do Chicken Fried Steak and Cream gravy :shock: I just do it. Don't measure nothin.
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

the_jersey_lilly_2000 wrote:I never knew ya needed a recipe to do Chicken Fried Steak and Cream gravy :shock: I just do it. Don't measure nothin.

Feathers and all eh? :D
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

:lol:
Life is a roller coaster.

You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

Mrs Leanin' H

Postby Mrs Leanin' H » Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks Hillsdown, I will try that! It sounds like you like to cook from looking at your latest menu. Yum!
Home is where the horse is.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Mon May 17, 2010 9:15 pm

We made your beans for our branding yesterday.I liked them my wife not so much but she comes from a pasta type family.
If your dreams don't scare you there not big enough!

cowhunter

Postby cowhunter » Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 am

Breakfast is a welcome change to dinner.

hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Tue May 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Mrs Leanin' H wrote:Thanks Hillsdown, I will try that! It sounds like you like to cook from looking at your latest menu. Yum!

Mrs H, I really do enjoy cooking ,baking not so much. Hubby is gone so much that when he is home I like to make something different and special .

Tonight I am going to try a spinach salad ,dressed with a yogurt balsamic dressing and topped with fresh blueberries. Will let you know how it turns out as I am winging it. I will be serving it with grilled pork tenderloin.

Since you have young children at home you should try the cheese stuffed hamburgers, kids and adults love them. You just take your ground beef and season lightly, make two somewhat thin patties and stuff them with your favorite cheese be it cheddar, gruyere ,monterey jack etc. Then seal the two patties together around the edges shaping them so they are not too thick. Grill as normally done and top with an accompanying cheese to the one you have stuffed it with a few minutes before they are fully cooked . The cheese flavor is basically infused into the beef. Use condiments as you usually would and enjoy. It is delicious, and picky eaters usually love it.

We like to use blue cheese on the inside and then top with a medium gouda or swiss. Because of the unique flavors of the cheeses and the beef I like to just add sauteed mushrooms on mine, nothing else . Hubby adds the works ,lettuce, tomatoe. onion, pickle, ketchup ,mustard and relish .
HD

Kato
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Kato » Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Spinach salad... mmm..

I invented a dressing last summer that we really like. You just make a regular oil & vinegar dressing, using the blender or food processor, but add a couple of strawberries to it. Then put it on the spinach with sliced strawberries, finely sliced red onions, and slivered almonds.

Simple and delicious. 8)
Always drive the truck so you don't have to get out and open the gate.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Tue May 18, 2010 5:21 pm

While I do truly appreciate the nice recipes ya'll have suggested, In the wise and true words of my 3 year old son when his mother gave him a plate of veggies and a potpie........."Mom, I'm gonna need some meat!" Salad is nice, but I need STEAK! :wink:
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!

<Parry Taylor>

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

leanin' H wrote:While I do truly appreciate the nice recipes ya'll have suggested, In the wise and true words of my 3 year old son when his mother gave him a plate of veggies and a potpie........."Mom, I'm gonna need some meat!" Salad is nice, but I need STEAK! :wink:

:lol: :lol:
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

Return to “Coffee Shop”