Ranchers.net Bull Session

Dinner slump

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Tue May 18, 2010 7:07 pm

That is why I suggested the burgers ,,meat and cheese. What little boy does not love that, and it is a little different than the normal burger and a change from steak .. :wink:
HD

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

HD, I make burgers similar to yours, but I wrap bacon around
the patties before I grill or broil them. Bacon really adds a nice
touch and they look rather fancy!!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Liveoak

Postby Liveoak » Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Faster horses wrote:HD, I make burgers similar to yours, but I wrap bacon around

Now clean out the inside of a large jalapeno, stuff it with cream cheese laced with garlic, wrap a slice a bacon around it (keep it in place with a toothppick) and toss it on the grill for about 5 minutes. Keep a cold beer handy! Good eats!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Now that......made my mouth water....
Be awhile before there are any jalapenos around here, tho.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

hillsdown
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hillsdown » Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Liveoak wrote:
Faster horses wrote:HD, I make burgers similar to yours, but I wrap bacon around

Now clean out the inside of a large jalapeno, stuff it with cream cheese laced with garlic, wrap a slice a bacon around it (keep it in place with a toothppick) and toss it on the grill for about 5 minutes. Keep a cold beer handy! Good eats!

Live Oak we do poppers all the time here, but have never wrapped them in bacon. You brought them to an all new level... :D
HD

cowhunter

Postby cowhunter » Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 am

If breakfast for dinner don't sound good, what about a low country boil? Its a outside deal but sure is good. Start with a 3 gal pot, 2 gal water get a zaterain or lousana brand bag of crab boil put it and a bottle of crystal hot sauce and the crab boil in the rollin boil and salt the boil to taste. Put some red taters and corn on the cob, a couple of big onions and a 1/4ed cabbage. Then, some cut up smoked sausage. Let her boil good for 15 mins then check your taters. Your gettin close to bein done so make sure the taters are right. Then put in your clams, like cherry stone. Let ur boil come back then ad ur scrimp and some snow crab legs if u won't. Go no more then 3 mins then out the fire. Get the youngins back, and with some help, strain the water off. Have u a table covered with a good skaterin of news paper then carefully pour out your bounty. The whole family sets around the table and gets there fingers nasty as well as gettin foundered. Don't bust the crab boil bag in the boil. For some reason, everybody will get the scouers. After u get ur water ready, it only takes about 20 mins. Clean ups easy. Just rap it all up in the news paper.

the_jersey_lilly_2000
Rancher
Rancher

Postby the_jersey_lilly_2000 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:27 am

Now that right there cowhunter is some good eatin!!!!!!
Life is a roller coaster.
You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it!
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸
"Ever day's a good day, just some are better'n others"

MsSage
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MsSage » Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 am

Its a outside deal but sure is good.

Naaaaaa its great inside too. I dont use hot sauce but the crab boil and a brown beer added is good. Thought about trying the apple beer to add a different flavor.
that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government.
Declaration of Independence

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 am

cowhunter wrote:If breakfast for dinner don't sound good, what about a low country boil? Its a outside deal but sure is good. Start with a 3 gal pot, 2 gal water get a zaterain or lousana brand bag of crab boil put it and a bottle of crystal hot sauce and the crab boil in the rollin boil and salt the boil to taste. Put some red taters and corn on the cob, a couple of big onions and a 1/4ed cabbage. Then, some cut up smoked sausage. Let her boil good for 15 mins then check your taters. Your gettin close to bein done so make sure the taters are right. Then put in your clams, like cherry stone. Let ur boil come back then ad ur scrimp and some snow crab legs if u won't. Go no more then 3 mins then out the fire. Get the youngins back, and with some help, strain the water off. Have u a table covered with a good skaterin of news paper then carefully pour out your bounty. The whole family sets around the table and gets there fingers nasty as well as gettin foundered. Don't bust the crab boil bag in the boil. For some reason, everybody will get the scouers. After u get ur water ready, it only takes about 20 mins. Clean ups easy. Just rap it all up in the news paper.

CAn I come for dinner?? :D :D That sounds awesome... We need to do a ranchersnet cookbook...
Don't sweat the small stuff.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

This post is making me hungry! :D I just have to try Cowhunter's boil. Have no idea where to find the clams or crab or shrimp out here on the desert but they must have those delicacies in town. :D THANKS!

Here's one I like on the BBQ........
#1 wrap elk cabobs in bacon, scewr on a kabob stick with baby onions, hunks of squash, pineapple, ect. Pretty good eating.

#2 From the jalepeno idea...... do the same thing but different. Take a big shrimp, add a jalepeno slice and a hunk of pepperjack cheese, wrap with bacon, stab a toothpick in it and BBQ a bunch.
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

RobinFarmandRanch

Postby RobinFarmandRanch » Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 am

hillsdown wrote:
Liveoak wrote:

Live Oak we do poppers all the time here, but have never wrapped them in bacon. You brought them to an all new level... :D

add a cut up duck breast or deer backstrap in there and thank me later. you can also put ground beef in there.

cowhunter

Postby cowhunter » Wed May 19, 2010 11:32 am

Some good fresh pork sausage is good in them bacon wraped peppers. My coon as friend, where have u been? Tell us about the oil.

Return to “Coffee Shop”