Ranchers.net Bull Session

Anybody Have a Corriente Saddle?

Stories and questions about our best friends.
bar

Corriente Saddle

Postby bar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

My experience with Corriente Saddle Co. has been great. Great people and service. I have one of their roping saddles and have had it for 7 years. Absolutely no problems. I've had it on qrt. horses, an appy. and a fox trotter and it fit them all very well. Leaves no dry spots. I've had it on horses from 14.2 to over 16 hands. Very comfortable. The horse I'm riding now is over 16 hands and pretty straight-backed and it fits well and leaves no dry spots. My wife's paint horse is long-coupled, high-withered and about 15.2 and it fits him well too. Great all-around saddle.
I'm not a name dropper, but I will say this - a friend of mine who is a very good team roper is the son of the WPRA (womens pro rodeo) World Champion Team Roper and he won a saddle made by Corriente back in 1997 and that saddle is still one of their favorite roping saddles. He and his dad have both used it for team roping over the past 13 years. The leather is starting to curl a little, but they don't baby their tack or saddles and they still like using their Corriente trophy saddle. I expect to get many, many years of use out of mine and am considering purchasing an association saddle in the near future.

cowhunter

Postby cowhunter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Got 4. No problems. Oil them good when there new.

jim.greendyk

Postby jim.greendyk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey just found this and want to agree. I've had the full rough-out training saddle and I wouldn't send it back for anything. I've put about 5 years of fulltime riding into it and it's held up incredibly. It's been flipped on, rolled on, dragged and thrown by me and it keeps kicking. Is definitely a little wide for some people but solid workmanship, low maintenance. Definitely worth the money spent.

Definitely a good deal.

VMQuarters

Postby VMQuarters » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 pm

My husband bought a 17 inch Corriente Wade saddle, round skirts, full roughout about 2 yrs ago. We run a 950 pair cattle ranch and he uses it daily.
He has roped lots off of it and used it on many different shaped horses from big bulky draft crosses, to my reining gelding to his long lanky mustang mare. With a few simple pads it fits everything fairly well. It is a plain looking saddle, great for hard tough work. I am thinking of buying myself one for working in as well. It really is a great saddle at a good price.

I have never seen any of their tooled saddles so I dont know what the quality of the leather working/tooling is. The roughout looked great and has been so funtional!

The one downside is the d rings that you use for your breastcollar...they are VERY hard to get to. Just in a bad spot! Kind of sits under part of the front skirt and it is hard to thread the breastcollar staps through.

Anyhow he likes his Corrient Wade and I might buy one also!!

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Wow, 17" seat sounds BIG...
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

zayisha

Postby zayisha » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 pm

The ultimate goal in Saddle Seat riding is a truly thrilling performance. A saddle seat horse should be thrilling to watch; extremely elegant, classy, and stylish. Many casual spectators watching a truly good Saddle Seat performance may think the horse is about to burst with excitement, but the well-trained Saddle Seat horse is actually very responsive and comfortable to ride, like a finely tuned sports car.

riding saddle

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 am

huh? :???:
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

JF Ranch

Postby JF Ranch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Faster horses wrote:huh? :???:

You're a hoot Faster! :lol:
Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Hadassah

Re: corriente saddle

Postby Hadassah » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 pm

TWOROPES wrote:I have a corriente association saddle, and it is comfortable for me and my horses, have roped some big stuff out of it and not broke the tree, its plaine jane work saddle nothing fancy, worth the money.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR BLACK FANCY SADDLES (SIDE SADDLES ESP.?)
Hadassah Broscova
Editor-in-Chief,
Carpe Articulum Literary Review
Direct Line: 503.957.8025
Editor-in-Chief@CarpeArticulum.com
www.CarpeArticulum.com

"I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing."
— Mae West

Colorado Rancher

Postby Colorado Rancher » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm surprised to hear all the good reviews on Corriente Saddles. Most people that I know who have tried one said they were too cheaply made to stand up to rigorous use.

Most leather workers or saddle makers call them mass produced Mexican junk.

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:00 am

Colorado Rancher wrote:I'm surprised to hear all the good reviews on Corriente Saddles. Most people that I know who have tried one said they were too cheaply made to stand up to rigorous use.

I guess my opinion is, if you don't have any personal experience with something, don't bad mouth it. I have to Corriente saddles, my neighbor has 3 of them. We both ride them pretty much daily, and I have roped critters way bigger then my horse wanted me to. For the money they are a great saddle. No they aren't a custom made saddle, but from what I have seen, they are every bit as good as any store bought saddle on the market.

Colorado Rancher

Postby Colorado Rancher » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 am

LazyWP wrote:
Colorado Rancher wrote:I'm surprised to hear all the good reviews on Corriente Saddles. Most people that I know who have tried one said they were too cheaply made to stand up to rigorous use.

I guess my opinion is, if you don't have any personal experience with something, don't bad mouth it. I have to Corriente saddles, my neighbor has 3 of them. We both ride them pretty much daily, and I have roped critters way bigger then my horse wanted me to. For the money they are a great saddle. No they aren't a custom made saddle, but from what I have seen, they are every bit as good as any store bought saddle on the market.

How much is your horse worth to you?

Return to “Horses & Dogs”