Ranchers.net Bull Session

2 Year old Filly

Stories and questions about our best friends.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 am

Ok, I'm gonna stick my foot in my mouth again. What would riding her with a bosal have to do with bridling her?
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am

Faster horses wrote:Ok, I'm gonna stick my foot in my mouth again. What would riding her with a bosal have to do with bridling her?

:) :) Yeah.... Inquiring minds want to know.... :) :) :) :)
Don't sweat the small stuff.

floyd

Postby floyd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:11 am

Since I brought it up,kinda, I'll take a crack at it.

Young horses have enough on their minds. Some don't want that bit in their mouth. Easier to throw head up instead of down. Bad habit.

Put a bosal on them it is kind of like getting haltered. They are probably used to being haltered.

Woman tried a bridle & lost the fight.

Yup, I know it doesn't have to be a fight. Time means nothing to a horse. 30 days is 30 days to a human being.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 am

Makes perfect sense to me. So that filly probably didn't have a bit in her mouth...til now... :???:

I very well know that horses (or cows) can't tell time. And it need not be a fight. Take your time and do it right.

Amazing that in life, we don't have time to do it right, but we do have time to do it over.

caljane

Postby caljane » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Faster horses wrote:Amazing that in life, we don't have time to do it right, but we do have time to do it over.

VERY good one!

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

caljane wrote:
Faster horses wrote:Amazing that in life, we don't have time to do it right, but we do have time to do it over.

VERY good one!

Since both of you gals are the worlds greatest horse trainers, so it sounds, I would be more then willing for you to come spend some time working on a couple of horses I got. I am having a terrible time getting them bridled, and you both seem to know how to do it best.

I WOULD SAY MIND YOU OWN BUSINESS!!!!

caljane

Postby caljane » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm

LazyWP wrote:
caljane wrote:

VERY good one!

Since both of you gals are the worlds greatest horse trainers, so it sounds, I would be more then willing for you to come spend some time working on a couple of horses I got. I am having a terrible time getting them bridled, and you both seem to know how to do it best.

I can't tell the difference between a horses butt his ears ... I just liked the quote "Amazing that in life, we don't have time to do it right, but we do have time to do it over." in general.
But I am sure we can work something out on training your horses, LazyWP ... ;-)) :lol: :wink:

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm

LazyWP wrote:
caljane wrote:

VERY good one!

Huh, are they Angus cross? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm

LazyWP wrote:
caljane wrote:

VERY good one!

Why don't you try a string around it's jaw?

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

LazyWP wrote:
caljane wrote:

VERY good one!

:shock:

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm

caljane wrote:
LazyWP wrote:
caljane wrote:

VERY good one!

I can't tell the difference between a horses butt his ears ... I just liked the quote "Amazing that in life, we don't have time to do it right, but we do have time to do it over." in general.
But I am sure we can work something out on training your horses, LazyWP ... ;-)) :lol: :wink:

I can meet you there, caljane. That's a pretty easy one to fix. :wink: :P

Wow, WP, why did you get so on the defensive? This was between me and
Haymaker. He isn't upset and I'm not upset but you obviously are. Me and
haymaker, we've been buddies for a long time and we still are. :D

katrina
Rancher
Rancher

Postby katrina » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 am

Yup.... We've been on this board for years and I know it's hard for newbies to understand the logistics of what is said... Haymaker (I'll bet) knows we were just jerking his chain.... As we both know what kind of horseman Haymaker is... A good one... So lets carry on no ill will towards anyone....

Return to “Horses & Dogs”