Ranchers.net Bull Session

Horses

Stories and questions about our best friends.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Horses

Postby jodywy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

Horses are scared of only 2 things. Things that move, and things that don't move! :D
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

I figured he meant the ones in the pasture and they were on the hiway.

Well it was a mare and a couple colts in the corral that jumped/broke the fence. All I can figure was the cats got to fighting in the loft and a bale got pushed down. There is a gate across the barn door so they saw this and spooked. After I got them in they still didn't want to go past the door as the bale was still sitting there. :? :D

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Chimenea

Postby Chimenea » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

Well it was a mare and a couple colts in the corral that jumped/broke the fence. All I can figure was the cats got to fighting in the loft and a bale got pushed down. There is a gate across the barn door so they saw this and spooked. After I got them in they still didn't want to go past the door as the bale was still sitting there. :? :D

So, then, that means Jodywy's list of things horses are afraid of should read as follows:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move
3. Food

Did I get that about right? :lol:

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Chimenea wrote:
Big Muddy rancher wrote:Dad came home the other day and said the horses were out. :roll:

So, then, that means Jodywy's list of things horses are afraid of should read as follows:

1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move
3. Food

Did I get that about right? :lol:

Yep :D

But it was a square bales and they have been eating rounds. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

My 4 wheeler has never done a thing like that. :wink:
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Horses

Postby Justin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:18 pm

jodywy wrote:Horses are scared of only 2 things. Things that move, and things that don't move! :D

and they only eat until they are full. :? :???:

:wink:
you can't fix stupid.
-Ron White-

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

gcreekrch wrote:Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Earlier this winter she spooked at something and nearly ripped an eyelid off when she ran into an obstacle. $2000 later she was well on her way to healing.

Snow slid off the barn roof and spooked the dimwit again. When she hit the SECOND fence she managed to break a front leg and they had to put her down.

Barrel horse=NO BRAIN

Justin
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Justin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:45 pm

LazyWP wrote:
gcreekrch wrote:Debbie's sister had a well bred mare that she was working on to make a barrel horse out of. (I said well bred but she was also brain dead!)

Barrel horse=NO BRAIN

no brain if that's all ya ever do with them.
you can't fix stupid.

-Ron White-

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Justin wrote:
LazyWP wrote:

Barrel horse=NO BRAIN

no brain if that's all ya ever do with them.

Oh she rides them in the steep hills where they live but she can't be convinced to lay off the grain when they are not working. That combined with the bloodline she likes makes them pretty goosey.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Return to “Horses & Dogs”