Ranchers.net Bull Session

Mustang Pictures ---------

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
mustang

Mustang Pictures ---------

Postby mustang » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 am

We couldn't find the main band so we drove on to Simpson Spring. We found what we use to call, the band of six, at the lower pond. They have increased over the years to about twelve head. Two years ago we couldn't get within a half mile of them. Now we can get close enough for some decent pictures.

With the recent rain we were wondering if Ol One Ear would have headed for some different range. However he was not far from the same place we found him before.

I tried to hold them up, so we could get some pictures but they were having none of that.

We drove down over the ridge and found the rest of the band. That cold has really good balance to stand on that tree.

This paint mare came over to break up the fight.

One Ear and his band came down to see what was happening.

One Ear's sons getting acquainted with the neighbors.

Mother and son.

Table Mountain in the background. You can see the Bonneville Terrace about half way up on the mountain. Lake Bonneville covered a lot of Utah and neighboring states in ancient history.
"Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever."

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Mustang Pictures ---------

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Interesting country,is the Band of 6 a younger bunch?

Is a colt on a bush worth 2 in the sand?

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

mustang

Postby mustang » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:33 pm

I think they are younger than the mountain in the background, maybe even younger than me.

A colt in the sand is easier to catch. :? :?
"Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever."

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Pretty sharp photos there. Bonneville Terrace, that's interesting. You always give us a glimpse of what we wouldn't see or know about without you showing and telling us. That must have been one huge lake. I know here in SE Montana we are living at the bottom of a lake in ancient times, pretty salty ground around here in places.

Glad you found One Ear alive and well. Thanks for the pictures!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

burnt
Rancher
Rancher

Postby burnt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:32 am

Wow, those paints are sharp!

The son in the "mother and son pic" reminds me a lot of a beautiful filly that I raised out of a palomino mare that I had years ago. Same color golden mane but her blaze was quite narrow down her face. She was the best natured, quietest horse I ever had. One time when my Dad was walking up and down the pasture field with a hand seeder putting on some extra grass seed, she was following right behind him, giving him a poke between the shoulders every now and then as if to say "keep going buddy, we're almost done". I'll long remember that sight. The colt there reminded me of it again. Thanks for posting!
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root". Henry D. Thoreau.

Return to “Coffee Shop”