Ranchers.net Bull Session

Mustang Pictures, One of The Twins----------

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
mustang

Mustang Pictures, One of The Twins----------

Postby mustang » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 pm

I can't describe the thrill that went through by heart when I realized what I was looking at through the glasses. We had the truck parked on the end of a ridge about a hundred feet above the valley below. Earl was looking out the right hand window and mentioned there was a white horse to the north. We had seen one around for months and I didn't think much about it until I put the glasses on it. I about choked when I saw the carmello color. Talk about a heart attack. We've been looking for those Twins sense last September.

We drove as close as we could and then I hiked down off the bench and headed the quarter mile across the flat. I kept the only cedar tree between me and the bay. I knew the Twins were fairly calm, but the bay was rather spooky. When I got the pictures I wanted, I stepped out from behind the tree and angled toward the pair. When the Twin's head came up, I figured they would leave the country at top speed. However the Twin headed my direction on a high trot. I was working that shutter button over pretty hard for about five minutes. He circled me about twenty yards out as if he was really glad to see me. I guess he's a little lonesome sense his uncle ran off with a mare and her year old kid.

Image+

Like General McCarther said about his bulldog. "Look at that magnificent bugger".

"Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever."

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Mustang Pictures, One of The Twins----------

Postby Faster horses » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 pm

He's not good-looking, but he's sure looking good. :D

You got some magnificent photos of him. Sure glad you found him. I can tell it made your day!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

hopalong
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hopalong » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:16 pm

wow! all I can say
The lack of a major education does not equate to lack of intelligence, However a college education does not equate to intelligence!

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 am

Nifty photos of a unique horse. How do you photograph a unique horse? Unique up on it, and you did very well. A cool Cremello color captured by cool calm collected craftiness. Nice job.

Return to “Coffee Shop”