Ranchers.net Bull Session

My journey in the last couple of weeks/months

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Re: My journey in the last couple of weeks/months

Postby sweetbasil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Faster horses wrote:BMR is right on. There is a place up by Hill City called "Trout Haven". It costs you to fish, but you do catch fish :D ...I think they have for rent everything you might need. You could check on that.

Reason how I know....my dad let me fish there years ago....until he ran out of cash to pay for more fishing........ :nod:

I will have to look up this place and see what I can do. I think it would be fun to go fishing because I can do it alone and listen to music while I wait for the fish to show up. Thank you for sharing this tip with me!

Have a blessed evening,
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:05 pm

mrj wrote:Or. if you don't get that fishing event fit into the schedule in MN, when you come through here, we can block off a bit of time and go fishing in a family dam. No guarantees on a catch, but just getting there and doing a little casting is fun, too!

My brothers' son, sil and grandkids had a fun afternoon of fishing a few weeks ago and caught several nice bass, too. The ladies opted for a hike along a creek and had a wonderful time, and found a nice agate, too. Just seeing how many nice young trees are coming along well was a thrill for them. It is pretty hard to get and keep wild trees growing to replace old ones dying out in this area. The natural ones along the small, intermittent stream beds are a real treasure, but need some pampering to keep, or in many cases, to get them started. The 'Dirty Thirties' and the overgrazing before and after that, made it pretty hard to recover native and naturalized trees. Mostly Ash, Cottonwood, Elm, Box Elder, Choke Cherry and wild Plum trees in this area, and a few Cedars. Many trees were also pretty over harvested in the pioneer days and up into the '40's when many people got oil or propane stoves for cooking and heating. I think it was at least the mid-50's when my grandparents did that, but still used wood some too, as do quite a few people. We need to use more of it, judging by all the trash wood in and along the creeks on this ranch!

mrj

I love the idea, maybe I can make it a road trip your way in the summer and we can go fishing :) I hope by then I will have done some fishing or at least have a better idea of what it entails. I will be heading to MN on Saturday to update my insurance license and check in with my manager and then come back. It will be a super quick trip which I am looking forward to getting everything done and ensure that everything is under control. Thank you for great ideas :)

Have a blessed evening,
Sweetbasil

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:15 pm

Have a safe trip!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Faster horses wrote:Have a safe trip!

Thank you! I took a day off to recharge and decided to get on the road to break up the trip. It is sunny in MN and I really needed to get some sun.

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Walking Through The Dark Valleys

Postby sweetbasil » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
Hope everyone is having a good week. I have been busy since last Thursday and currently my legs are still recovering from the 5K on Saturday. It was my first time doing a 5K and I think my legs had a panic attack after seeing the hills that were part of the race (LOL). I forgot that Sioux Falls has many hills and I though I was "prepared" for it, but I was surely mistaken. It was rather a comical morning for sure, but very rewarding.

I am part of the Charitable Committee at work and my responsibilities include organizing volunteering events, which is something that I really enjoy. If we get 4 or more participants, the company donates $100 for each participating employee. One of my team members is currently fighting the battle against breast cancer and the least thing I could do was to support her and the many other women who are fighting the same battle. Being part of such event reminded me how blessed I have been throughout myself; and how much we need to support one another. It brought me joy to see her filled with so much joy by having us be part of the race. On Saturday, I am doing the 3 mile MS Walk. I didn't realized, but they have not determined the factors that cause MS and there is still a lot of research to be done. I don't know who came up with the idea of doing these types of events to raise funds, but I think they are very unique and a good way to not only support a good cause, but in my case, also get some much needed exercise. I loved the sermon on Sunday, and it was something that I really needed to hear. For some reason, I feel a need to share it here with all of you.

David's name came across some Biblical resources that I have been studying, and then on Sunday, we studied Psalm 23:4.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

When we speak of the "valley of the shadow of death" we are referring to experiencing a deep darkness for a season in one's life.

It was a wonderful sermon and I got to walked out of there with the following things to remember when I am walking through the dark valleys of life:

1. Valleys are inevitable - "In this world you will have trouble..." John 16:33

2. Valleys are unpredictable - " Disasters follows disaster... In an instant my tents are destroyed, my shelter in a moment." Jeremiah 4:20

3. Valleys are sometimes agonizing - "...now darkness is my only companion." Psalm 88:18

4. Valleys are temporary - "There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here." 1 Peter 1:6

5 Valleys are purposeful - "... I know you are temporary harassed by all kinds of trials and temptations. This is no accident --- it happens to prove your faith..." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Things one can do when walking through those valleys:

1. Refuse to give into despair - " I will Fear No Evil". "God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come..." Colossians 1:11

2. Remember that God is with you - " For You Are with Me." " When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up- the flames will not consume you." Isaiah 43:2

3. Rely On God's protection and guidance - " Your rod and your staff will comfort me." " The good man does not escape all troubles - he has them too. But the Lord helps him in each and every one." Psalm 34:19

But we cannot forget what Jesus said " In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

At times in this world, we will go through dark valleys as a consequence of one's sin and others as a test of our faith in God; however, either of these two types of journeys, He will use them for his greater purpose ---- His perfect plan for one's life. If you are walking through a dark valley, remember, to fear no evil because the One who have overcome the world is holding your hand and walking along your side.

Also, one of the songs that was played during worship.

May your day be filled with bliss, good health, and safety.

Regards,
Sweetbasil

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Wed May 11, 2016 8:28 am

Sweetbasil, it is great that you had such a good time! Sorry for the pain, but keep on with the walking/running. I'm just getting started walking again, and today looks to be a perfect day for another go at it. It is a BEAUTIFUL morning, heaven sent, for sure! We have had lots of smoke from Canadian fires, so it's a blessing to have a crystal clear sky, SUNSHINE, and green grass growing ever so fast, at last! Couldn't be a better start to the day. I may even try to start the lawn mower and get the grass mowed before we lose a great grand girl in the taller patches! Shorty mowed just over a week ago, and it is almost knee high in places already.

BTW, I keep hearing that running is addictive. Even had an MD tell me that. But it wasn't medical advice for me......but his 'confession' as a runner, and friend.

We had a great day Sunday. Usual great sermon, presentation of hand made denim memory quilts to the high school graduates from our church, and shared dinner after church. I guess I was 'directed' to cook a big beef roast overnight due to being gone most of Saturday, as it was the only meat at the dinner, and it turned out very good, considering I had the oven set a bit higher than intended. Usually do that at about 170 degrees, but I fear 200 is the minimum on my maybe 3 year old stove. Guess it has been longer than I realized since I cooked one the slow method! But, it was tender and tasty and most people like it more 'done' than I prefer, so all was fine.

Later in the day, we went to an art show at the Frying Pan ranch in the Badlands. And apologies if I wrote this in another thread, but I have nearly finished reading the book I got at the art show for Mothers Day. It is about women who have had interesting lives in SD, beginning with pioneers in the early 1900's on to a young teenager who has written one book and has a couple more in the works. So many interesting lives featured in that book. It is called Dakota Dreams, written by Karen Pearson. Knowing several of the people, but not knowing the details of their lives covered in the book, it has been a real treat to read about those ladies. Most have been real achievers, generally making life better for many others in their communities and our state in general. And these are not 'famous' people, just friends and neighbors, wives, moms, teachers, business women, 'the girl next door' types doing good things. Some are rather driven by an inner fire, and others seem to be just coping very well with what life has handed them. The writer does a fine job of sharing those lives and, for me, the message is "go for it", whatever the 'driver' of your life it, you can do more than you realize, whether it is raising a family (conventional, or chosen), a great leap like moving to SD almost on a whim, from far away and building a life and business, or learning at a young age how to handle bullying, then writing a book to help other kids deal with it.

Wish I had a good camera and the skills to post photo's. But think I will wait till I get a new computer before attempting that! Seven cowboys just rode by my window. They are getting heifers in to vaccinate them. There is a nice breeze blowing, and think we are promised a gale later in the day, so hope they get finished before that gets to ripping to hard. As many mud puddles as we still have, the corrals likely will be dusty. Suppose it is time to call and see if I need to help with dinner, or play with the grand girls so their mother can handle it. But maybe I'll just sit here till they bring the heifers from the lot. They probably will be pretty 'frisky' and try to escape before they are corralled again! I didn't hear the plan, but they probably will go to grass rather than back to the lot today.

Have a great 'rest of the week' everyone.

mrj

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 am

mrj wrote:Sweetbasil, it is great that you had such a good time! Sorry for the pain, but keep on with the walking/running. I'm just getting started walking again, and today looks to be a perfect day for another go at it. It is a BEAUTIFUL morning, heaven sent, for sure! We have had lots of smoke from Canadian fires, so it's a blessing to have a crystal clear sky, SUNSHINE, and green grass growing ever so fast, at last! Couldn't be a better start to the day. I may even try to start the lawn mower and get the grass mowed before we lose a great grand girl in the taller patches! Shorty mowed just over a week ago, and it is almost knee high in places already.

BTW, I keep hearing that running is addictive. Even had an MD tell me that. But it wasn't medical advice for me......but his 'confession' as a runner, and friend.

We had a great day Sunday. Usual great sermon, presentation of hand made denim memory quilts to the high school graduates from our church, and shared dinner after church. I guess I was 'directed' to cook a big beef roast overnight due to being gone most of Saturday, as it was the only meat at the dinner, and it turned out very good, considering I had the oven set a bit higher than intended. Usually do that at about 170 degrees, but I fear 200 is the minimum on my maybe 3 year old stove. Guess it has been longer than I realized since I cooked one the slow method! But, it was tender and tasty and most people like it more 'done' than I prefer, so all was fine.

Later in the day, we went to an art show at the Frying Pan ranch in the Badlands. And apologies if I wrote this in another thread, but I have nearly finished reading the book I got at the art show for Mothers Day. It is about women who have had interesting lives in SD, beginning with pioneers in the early 1900's on to a young teenager who has written one book and has a couple more in the works. So many interesting lives featured in that book. It is called Dakota Dreams, written by Karen Pearson. Knowing several of the people, but not knowing the details of their lives covered in the book, it has been a real treat to read about those ladies. Most have been real achievers, generally making life better for many others in their communities and our state in general. And these are not 'famous' people, just friends and neighbors, wives, moms, teachers, business women, 'the girl next door' types doing good things. Some are rather driven by an inner fire, and others seem to be just coping very well with what life has handed them. The writer does a fine job of sharing those lives and, for me, the message is "go for it", whatever the 'driver' of your life it, you can do more than you realize, whether it is raising a family (conventional, or chosen), a great leap like moving to SD almost on a whim, from far away and building a life and business, or learning at a young age how to handle bullying, then writing a book to help other kids deal with it.

Wish I had a good camera and the skills to post photo's. But think I will wait till I get a new computer before attempting that! Seven cowboys just rode by my window. They are getting heifers in to vaccinate them. There is a nice breeze blowing, and think we are promised a gale later in the day, so hope they get finished before that gets to ripping to hard. As many mud puddles as we still have, the corrals likely will be dusty. Suppose it is time to call and see if I need to help with dinner, or play with the grand girls so their mother can handle it. But maybe I'll just sit here till they bring the heifers from the lot. They probably will be pretty 'frisky' and try to escape before they are corralled again! I didn't hear the plan, but they probably will go to grass rather than back to the lot today.

mrj

Good morning, "Grandma!"
I apologize for the delay in checking in. It sounds like you are enjoying the Spring. I survived the Race Against Breast Cancer (my first 5K) and oh was I in for a challenge. I forgot that Sioux Falls has a lot of hills and after leaving the start location reality hit me... My eyes couldn't believe the monster of a hill that I was about to run, and shortly after, I realized I didn't wear the right clothes. I ended running while holding my pants with one hand (lol) and I forgot to take my ear plugs which made the run longer. I ended up praying to God to give me the strength to make it to the finish line. That run served me as a reminder that I needed to shrink Marcello (aka as the stomach). It was nice that one of my coworkers waited for me until I finished. Overall, it was definately worth it. I felt the pain of the run the next day after I took my Ruby ( aka as my vintage bike) and went and rode around Renners.
I love to bike and my friend from church found me a refurbished bike. I have one from Minnesota but it was time to upgrade from a "girl's" bike to an adult one. I also helped coordinate the MS Walk and met someone at work who has it. I was so ignorant about this illness prior to this walk. I can't believe the many things God has been able to get me involved. I am a member of the Charitable Commitee at work and I get to coordinate volunteering events. I have partnered with Feeding SD for a food drive starting on the 6th. I am excited for this event, and then we will follow -up with sponsoring a supper for the Banquet. It will sure remind me of my time Erving breakfast at the Salvation Army. Being part of this committee is one of the highlights of this job since I love to help others.

I will connect with you soon.

Have a blessed day,
Ella

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sat May 28, 2016 7:07 am

Good morning, Everyone,

Hope everyone is well and having a wonderful Saturday. It has been a while since I checked in and right now, I am headed to Minneapolis to spend Saturday and Sunday in a prayer retreat--- a gift I received from my mom and so much needed. I prayed for a while to "go somewhere I could unplug from the noise and electronics" and God indeed answered that prayer. Work has kept me so busy and the last two weeks I have been putting off lots of fires. I am blessed to have this job but it is not easy as some of my partners don't invest the time to learn about this market and want me to hold their hand. We were under WAPA before and they did everything for us and now that that's not the case, everyone seems to forgotten "how" to do things. For example, a partner needs to provide a report to the Market for certain Units and he acts as if it is the first time doing thi, when it is the dame I formation and type of report he has been doing for the last 15 years. I would think this would be easier. I am praying to learn to be a better partner and understand their strengths and weaknesses so I can change my style to meet them where they are and grow together from there. I cannot wait to settled in and just dwell in the Word and spend the weekend nurturing my spirit. My walk with Christ is amazing but it is certainly not easy. I am amazed how much I have changed and God keeps answering even the little prayers. I was assigned to work with a city manager to get some information that we need to perform an analysis and to show benefits of having them switch over to another provider. In 5 years of trying, nothing took placed and when I was giving this task, I was encouraged to talk to the legal department to put pressure. Instead of talking to the legal department, I talked to my Lord and asked for his guidance in getting through the city manager. This man not only provided me with what I needed but also is a good partner. I performed the analysis and indeed, they will benefit. Now, I am in the process of putting a presentation to for him and will be meeting with him in person to present the results. I am truly amazed to see how God really answers our prayers and provides all the tools that we need to get a job done.

I will be praying for you all this weekend and I couldn't have made it though without your prayers. Thank you for being part of my journey.

Have a blessed weekend,
Sweetbasil

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Sat May 28, 2016 8:17 am

Sweetbasil, so great to 'hear' from you this morning. We are really busy with the branding season. Got up at 4AM yesterday morning, with shorty going to his brothers branding, and 3:45 this morning, branding at a nephews'. We did our branding at Indian Creek on the 26th, our 59th anniversary. Many of our anniversaries have been spent that day, and this is the first one I had no involvement with, as it had rained, and no sense in me driving in the mud. I do have some coffee cake and a pie in the freezer for the our next two brandings, so not totally lazy on them. So glad for Sunday and Monday being Memorial Day. We don't brand on those days and almost desperately need them to re-charge our 'batteries'. Then brand here again Tuesday, and one more day, not sure which it will be. Dau and sil arriving tonight to spend several days. Will get in some visiting of other family and friends, along with the brandings. Maybe even get a new computer, or fix the old one while they are here. One trip to RC, too. Went to graduation of our fourth grand dau. in RC last week, and if she is at her barrista job at a coffee shop that day, we just might visit one for the first time! But if she is doing the nanny job, probably won't interrupt she and her three charges in their project of the day. Spring sure is ending with about three very busy weeks for old folks!!! I hear the senior member of the family even accepted a challenge to wrestle a few calves yesterday! In the guise of 'teaching' some kids how to do it without a Nordfork. And, yes, we both know how blessed he is to be able to ride, let alone 'show off' a bit at nearly age 80. So many friends have had health or injury problems that won't let them do those things. He does have trouble getting on the horse on level ground, so realizes he is 'riding on borrowed time'. He works too hard every day, believing that is keeping him able to do the riding he treasures.

Sweetbasil, would you pray for healing for me, dealing with a nuisance of a saliva gland blockage. And for my brother dealing with fairly severe complications after getting a new kidney. Thankfully, the kidney is working fine, but digestion problems have him too think, but doing better after a few days in hospital. He even did some mowing around the yard yesterday. Now, the dog won't get lost, it their yard is like ours! Growing amazingly fast. And me without a working string trimmer! Mower sort of works, but can't get into all the places that need a trim. Pulling is way slow for an old lady with painful hands!

From the sound of your stressful job, I'm determined to make it less so if/when you get to come see us. You need to 'meet' the Badlands back roads and just drive through some of our peaceful appearing pastures. Hope saying that doesn't bring rain the entire time you have with us, and sure hoping we both can find a time that works. Some of the unalterable things we have going on are a saddle sale in CO, horse sales, maybe two, in WY, one in Rapid City, and you and I could go to that one if at the right time, cattle meeting in CO, Cheyenne Frontier Days final week-end, and doc app't in SF on June 30. And that one date is the only one I know, except generalities for the other events. And a wedding in Pierre on the 25th of June that we can't miss. My 38 year old nephew finally decided to tie the knot!

Looks like my gardening is going to suffer a lot unless I can find someone to water it while I'm out running around. I do NOT plan to go to all the horse sales. They always to seem pretty crowded, if interesting and fun. I don't like to take up space a real buyer could have, however, Shorty usually needs some 'encouragement' to bid up a horse that looks like a good one for him, and he does have a BIG birthday coming soon.

Have a wonderful, Blessed week-end, Ella. We will be thinking of you, and travel safe!

mrj

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Sat May 28, 2016 8:38 am

sweetbasil wrote:
mrj wrote:Sweetbasil, it is great that you had such a good time! Sorry for the pain, but keep on with the walking/running. I'm just getting started walking again, and today looks to be a perfect day for another go at it. It is a BEAUTIFUL morning, heaven sent, for sure! We have had lots of smoke from Canadian fires, so it's a blessing to have a crystal clear sky, SUNSHINE, and green grass growing ever so fast, at last! Couldn't be a better start to the day. I may even try to start the lawn mower and get the grass mowed before we lose a great grand girl in the taller patches! Shorty mowed just over a week ago, and it is almost knee high in places already.

mrj

Good morning, "Grandma!"
I apologize for the delay in checking in. It sounds like you are enjoying the Spring. I survived the Race Against Breast Cancer (my first 5K) and oh was I in for a challenge. I forgot that Sioux Falls has a lot of hills and after leaving the start location reality hit me... My eyes couldn't believe the monster of a hill that I was about to run, and shortly after, I realized I didn't wear the right clothes. I ended running while holding my pants with one hand (lol) and I forgot to take my ear plugs which made the run longer. I ended up praying to God to give me the strength to make it to the finish line. That run served me as a reminder that I needed to shrink Marcello (aka as the stomach). It was nice that one of my coworkers waited for me until I finished. Overall, it was definately worth it. I felt the pain of the run the next day after I took my Ruby ( aka as my vintage bike) and went and rode around Renners.
I love to bike and my friend from church found me a refurbished bike. I have one from Minnesota but it was time to upgrade from a "girl's" bike to an adult one. I also helped coordinate the MS Walk and met someone at work who has it. I was so ignorant about this illness prior to this walk. I can't believe the many things God has been able to get me involved. I am a member of the Charitable Commitee at work and I get to coordinate volunteering events. I have partnered with Feeding SD for a food drive starting on the 6th. I am excited for this event, and then we will follow -up with sponsoring a supper for the Banquet. It will sure remind me of my time Erving breakfast at the Salvation Army. Being part of this committee is one of the highlights of this job since I love to help others.

I will connect with you soon.

Have a blessed day,
Ella

Dear Sioux Falls granddaughter, Ella, I missed this before writing my previous post. Glad to hear you made it through your run. And the bike sounds like such fun, if you can stay safe in SF traffic!

Our two grand dau. in law are going to run in a marathon near Deadwood, maybe on the Mickelson hiking trail, next week-end, I believe.

And the Feeding SD work reminds me the SD Cattlemens' Assoc. of which we are members, sponsors a music and food event in SF to raise additional money for that project. Can't recall who is playing, since modern singers, even of western music don't hold a candle to my 'old' favorites. Not sure if we will be able to go, may even be sold out before we could decide if the date would work for us. Makes me wonder if we are involved in the same event! I do have a bit of a problem with such events, and may not have enough information, but it seems to me more needs to be done to teach people how to better manage food purchases, or personal finances in general, and even if time is short, one needs to learn how to buy and cook nutritious, tasty meals on tight budgets. Don't just feed the hungry, teach and 'help' them in ways so that they can become self-sufficient and able to help others who aren't ABLE to help themselves.

Time for me to get to work!

mrj

sweetbasil
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sweetbasil » Sat May 28, 2016 8:50 am

mrj wrote:Sweetbasil, so great to 'hear' from you this morning. We are really busy with the branding season. Got up at 4AM yesterday morning, with shorty going to his brothers branding, and 3:45 this morning, branding at a nephews'. We did our branding at Indian Creek on the 26th, our 59th anniversary. Many of our anniversaries have been spent that day, and this is the first one I had no involvement with, as it had rained, and no sense in me driving in the mud. I do have some coffee cake and a pie in the freezer for the our next two brandings, so not totally lazy on them. So glad for Sunday and Monday being Memorial Day. We don't brand on those days and almost desperately need them to re-charge our 'batteries'. Then brand here again Tuesday, and one more day, not sure which it will be. Dau and sil arriving tonight to spend several days. Will get in some visiting of other family and friends, along with the brandings. Maybe even get a new computer, or fix the old one while they are here. One trip to RC, too. Went to graduation of our fourth grand dau. in RC last week, and if she is at her barrista job at a coffee shop that day, we just might visit one for the first time! But if she is doing the nanny job, probably won't interrupt she and her three charges in their project of the day. Spring sure is ending with about three very busy weeks for old folks!!! I hear the senior member of the family even accepted a challenge to wrestle a few calves yesterday! In the guise of 'teaching' some kids how to do it without a Nordfork. And, yes, we both know how blessed he is to be able to ride, let alone 'show off' a bit at nearly age 80. So many friends have had health or injury problems that won't let them do those things. He does have trouble getting on the horse on level ground, so realizes he is 'riding on borrowed time'. He works too hard every day, believing that is keeping him able to do the riding he treasures.

Sweetbasil, would you pray for healing for me, dealing with a nuisance of a saliva gland blockage. And for my brother dealing with fairly severe complications after getting a new kidney. Thankfully, the kidney is working fine, but digestion problems have him too think, but doing better after a few days in hospital. He even did some mowing around the yard yesterday. Now, the dog won't get lost, it their yard is like ours! Growing amazingly fast. And me without a working string trimmer! Mower sort of works, but can't get into all the places that need a trim. Pulling is way slow for an old lady with painful hands!

From the sound of your stressful job, I'm determined to make it less so if/when you get to come see us. You need to 'meet' the Badlands back roads and just drive through some of our peaceful appearing pastures. Hope saying that doesn't bring rain the entire time you have with us, and sure hoping we both can find a time that works. Some of the unalterable things we have going on are a saddle sale in CO, horse sales, maybe two, in WY, one in Rapid City, and you and I could go to that one if at the right time, cattle meeting in CO, Cheyenne Frontier Days final week-end, and doc app't in SF on June 30. And that one date is the only one I know, except generalities for the other events. And a wedding in Pierre on the 25th of June that we can't miss. My 38 year old nephew finally decided to tie the knot!

Looks like my gardening is going to suffer a lot unless I can find someone to water it while I'm out running around. I do NOT plan to go to all the horse sales. They always to seem pretty crowded, if interesting and fun. I don't like to take up space a real buyer could have, however, Shorty usually needs some 'encouragement' to bid up a horse that looks like a good one for him, and he does have a BIG birthday coming soon.

Have a wonderful, Blessed week-end, Ella. We will be thinking of you, and travel safe!

mrj

I will definately be praying for you and your brother! I made it through a lot of rain but thankful that God kept me safe.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat May 28, 2016 9:57 am

Glad you got to your destination safely, Ella. You are always an inspiration, but there comes a time that your vessel needs filled
as well. Happy you have the opportunity and are taking advantage of it.

Sounds like you are busy, mrj. Where are the horse sales you mentioned? Have you ever been to the one held on Main Street in
Cody, Wy. It is past for this year and I didn't know about it, but I hope we can attend next year. Sounds interesting.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Return to “Coffee Shop”