Ranchers.net Bull Session

Sometimes, arbitrary things can be really disheartening

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
PPRM
Rancher
Rancher

Sometimes, arbitrary things can be really disheartening

Postby PPRM » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:04 am

Just venting...

Yesterday I get a call.

A Seattle area Restaurant generally takes a beef a week from my butcher. In the course of a month, that means 1 a month from me. The Butcher was trying to spread the wealth a bit. The restaurant wanted to go exclusively with ours as in the course of 10 months, he is happiest with it. So, that meant going from 12 carcasses a year to 52.

We can handle that pretty easily. It is nice to have carcass sales where we simply deliver to the butcher beyond the delivery of packaged beef. This would of likely rounded a lot of things out for us.

The Restaurant wanted to do a Ranch tour. I asked for the guys information to set up the tour. The butcher writes back, "They had changed their minds as they want the primary source to be Washington based."

We try really hard to deliver a great product. I went from elation to really not in the course of 4 hours.

Today is a new day. Sun is shining. I am talking to a some people that have started with us slowly. Back to the grind. I was certainly meant to work for it it seems. And, if you ask anyone that knows me, I am not against work. Back to grinding it out.
The difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

PPRM

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Sometimes, arbitrary things can be really disheartening

Postby Faster horses » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 am

That had to be disappointing. Who cares if the meat came from Washington or Oregon as long as the product satisfied the customers and apparently yours did. Hang and rattle, they might come back. They changed their minds once, didn't they?
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

PPRM
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Sometimes, arbitrary things can be really disheartening

Postby PPRM » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:03 pm

Faster horses wrote:That had to be disappointing. Who cares if the meat came from Washington or Oregon as long as the product satisfied the customers and apparently yours did. Hang and rattle, they might come back. They changed their minds once, didn't they?

I agree. We are still working on it. We will see.
The difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

PPRM

Return to “Coffee Shop”