Ranchers.net Bull Session

Final Thoughts on Cherry County Wind, by Steve Moreland December 10, 2016

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
3 M L & C
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Final Thoughts on Cherry County Wind, by Steve Moreland December 10, 2016

Postby 3 M L & C » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Soapweed wrote:If wind turbines were efficient and could stand on their own two feet (or one foot in this case) as far as being a profitable enterprise, it would be different. They are highly subsidized, and anyone acquiring revenue from them is in essence only farming the government. As a somewhat hard-working American taxpayer, desiring to get the most bang for my tax buck, I resent this.

I agree with you on this. I dang sure wouldn't want them either but at a land sale it only takes two guys. Unless all the ground sold around there is going to investors and not cattlemen the value I say isn't going to change any. One thing I wonder and never found an answer is what happens to these if they are no longer profitable? They would surely need to be maintained to keep a light going on the top???????

Sandhills boy

Postby Sandhills boy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Soapweed wrote:If wind turbines were efficient and could stand on their own two feet (or one foot in this case) as far as being a profitable enterprise, it would be different. They are highly subsidized, and anyone acquiring revenue from them is in essence only farming the government. As a somewhat hard-working American taxpayer, desiring to get the most bang for my tax buck, I resent this.

Amen to that :agree: Warren Buffet is quoted as saying that they would not be worth it with out the tax credits.. He only made 10 B as in Billion last year off the tax credits. :mad:
Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and
those who dare not are slaves. Lord Byron, poet (1788-1822)

Sandhills boy

Postby Sandhills boy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Another little info on one of the biggest pushers and investor, built his house on a lake on a 100 year lease and just take a guess who owns that ground. This is the one referenced too above who leased out his ranch and moved far away to a larger town. Any guesses NPPD! Wonder if he will be a board member anytime soon, boy that sound just like the DC workmanship doesn't it.
Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and
those who dare not are slaves. Lord Byron, poet (1788-1822)

Zilly

Postby Zilly » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Thanks to LazyWP I had the opportunity to spend a week in the Sandhills. As an outsider, I have to agree with Soapweed that the wind turbines would, without a doubt, destroy the scenic views and solitude that attracted outsiders like me to the Sandhills. It would be a real shame to have that happen in the name of govt subsidized profit. Keep fighting the good fight Soap and I hope that you and your group prevails.

garn

Postby garn » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:12 pm

I agree with Zilly. I saw this on the Omaha.com app yesterday, good for Cherry County. As someone who lives in Iowa, those giant eye sores all over the state have done NOTHING to lower my energy bill.

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/sand ... 75049.html

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 pm

It had crossed my mind if anybody ever shot at them. Apparently so. :cowboy:

https://stopthesethings.com/2015/11/11/ ... ers-debts/

Return to “Ranch Talk”