Ranchers.net Bull Session

Ram DEF PITA

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Ram DEF PITA

Postby jodywy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Traveler wrote:So today I discovered that my '16 GMC 2500 has a passenger compartment air filter. Take out 4 little torx screws that holds the glove box in and there it is. At ~20,000 miles that sucker was DIRTY! I thought it wasn't getting as much air flow to the defroster and heater as it should. :lol:

I'm sure it's just a rebadged POS :wink: , but haven't needed to take it back to the dealer for anything yet. Kind of like it so far.

got a 2002 , 360,000 miles , change the cab filters twice a year.....
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Ram DEF PITA

Postby Traveler » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:00 pm

jodywy wrote:
Traveler wrote:So today I discovered that my '16 GMC 2500 has a passenger compartment air filter. Take out 4 little torx screws that holds the glove box in and there it is. At ~20,000 miles that sucker was DIRTY! I thought it wasn't getting as much air flow to the defroster and heater as it should. :lol:

I'm sure it's just a rebadged POS :wink: , but haven't needed to take it back to the dealer for anything yet. Kind of like it so far.

got a 2002 , 360,000 miles , change the cab filters twice a year.....
I didn't know GM had started using them again. We have an 06 Silverado 2500 that has a sprayer in the back, that we keep around for fighting fire, pretty sure it didn't come with one. I checked the Wix filter sight, they had a part number for the 02, but not an 06.

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDe ... art=198159

360,000 miles is pretty good service, IMO.

Return to “Ranch Talk”