Ranchers.net Bull Session

Sometimes sorrow brings inspiration

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
cowwrangler

Re: Sometimes sorrow brings inspiration

Postby cowwrangler » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 am

your in our thoughts and prayers
Nature gave us all something to fall back on, and sooner or later we all land flat on it.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Great tribute in poetry form. Prayers for your family.

Big Swede
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Swede » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:52 pm

I know what you are going through H, in a 6 month period last year I lost both my parents, my mother in law and my closest Aunt and Uncle. God bless you and all your family in the time of sorrow.
"The only people who should work at night are whores and thieves." - Northern Rancher

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:30 am

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

PureCountry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby PureCountry » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Beautiful poem. Sorry for your loss H.
There's 2 dates in time they'll carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean.
But what's more important is the time that is known, as that little dash there in between.

www.purecountry.ca

VCC

Postby VCC » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 am

Beautiful poem, The females in my family seem to live forever, it is the men who leave to early.
We lost my uncle several years ago, he was in his 50's, my cousin and I would make an annual trip up to his place in late fall to pick up a load of hay (he ran a 1800 acre alfalfa farm in Yerington NV) and do some trout fishing along the Walker River, he would tell everyone around that he would be tied up for a few days because his boys were coming. Now we were in our forties at the time and both have kids of our own, but we were always his boys. His death was probably the hardest thing I had ever dealt with at the time. Thing is I still think about him every day, and really miss that 10 hour drive once a year just to go back to being boys for a few days.
I thought that that loss was hard, in July we lost our 17 month old grandson, that was one of those knockdowns in life that can be hard to get back from. I had the little monkey every afternoon, he did the evening chores with me everyday, and his biggest love was the cows, before he could walk he would crawl to the barn, he mood before he talked. In his memory myself and several friends are working on forming a group that will sponsor youth who have a true love of cattle but not the finances or support to raise a beef project. We are leaning towards heifer projects, we will provide funds for purchase, feed, and support them at the shows, for a season. We have not worked out all the kinks but hope to get it off the ground this fall. We are calling the organization "Curren's Cows".
Life always finds a way to test you, God, Family and friends is about all you have in those moments.

(Did not mean to steal your post)

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:30 pm

VCC my heart goes out to you and your family. Losing a child or grandchild is about the toughest thing I could ever imagine. I commend you for doing something to honor his memory and would sure feel honored to donate toward that good cause. I will Pm you my contact info, and you get ahold of me when you start taking donations.

On a side note..... My wonderful Aunt Jeanie isn't ready to leave this earth yet. She has made a really good recovery and has left the hospital and is in a highly skilled care center. Like every other part of her life, she continues to surprise us all. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and concern. Sometimes the Good Lord has different plans than we do. I am so blessed that my sweet Aunt gets to spend more time here. None of us know how much time we get, or the folks we care so much for. Please make the time to give hugs and kisses, visits, trips, ect. Life can sure be a twisty stream and we never know what's around the next bend. I surely do appreciate you all thinking of me and value the good, kind, caring people you are. You're the best friends I've never met!
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

Triangle Bar
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Triangle Bar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:24 am

That's good news H. Everything happens in God's timing. He has the advantage of being omnipotent!

You know it's a small world even out here in internet land. My Aunt Evelyn went to her Lord in late January. Her kids had a beautiful celebration of her life last week in Elizabeth, CO. Her son said he only heard her say a bad word one time. That was when she got chased by a cow that was on the fight and had to jump into a full water tank to get away from her! Since she was just barely 5 foot tall, she got good and soaked. :)
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. - Rev. 3:20

Laughing Stock - Cows with a sense of humor!

Return to “Ranch Talk”