Ranchers.net Bull Session

Is this a thing?

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
burnt
Rancher
Rancher

Is this a thing?

Postby burnt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:12 am

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root". Henry D. Thoreau.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Is this a thing?

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:53 am

I think that is the first I have heard of it. The Buffalo Commons I think it was called has been kicked around and pieced partly together with the Grasslands National Park in the north and various "conservation" initiatives working through Montana and south. Their utopia was to stop all Ag in that area.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

PureCountry
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Is this a thing?

Postby PureCountry » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:40 pm

It's a bunch of blind souls believing they're doing good, and have gotten this far because their agenda works hand in hand with the government one. Most of our provincial/state/national parks are resource rich, that's the only reason they're protected. Proof of that is whenever it's convenient for someone with campaign donation ties, the boundaries get moved to accommodate logging, mining, pipelines, or what have you.
There's 2 dates in time they'll carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean.
But what's more important is the time that is known, as that little dash there in between.

www.purecountry.ca

Return to “Ranch Talk”