Ranchers.net Bull Session

Been away a long time

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
ShawnR

Been away a long time

Postby ShawnR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 am

Well it's been a few years since my last post.....I still check in once in a while and lurk. Anyway today I was thinking about a poster on here from a few years ago that I stopped and met on one of my trips back from Alaska to MN. He was taken to young by cancer, So I went back and read some old posts by Cory, aka Northern Rancher.....I miss our visits. Just wondering if anyone knows how his family is Doing? I still see a few names I recognize, thanks for any info, Shawn Ramsey

ShawnR

Re: Been away a long time

Postby ShawnR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 am

I should add I used a different handle way back but I couldn't remember it, Shawn

mwj

Postby mwj » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 am

I often wonder about his family also. He was always up for the scrap when he was fighting cancer and I do not think you could find anyone prouder of his family.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

RSL
Rancher
Rancher

Postby RSL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:58 am

They are alive and kicking. Ty rides for me at our Meadow Lake place and still rodeos. I don't know the girls much, but Ty can still convince them to catch his horse for him. Meagan has a couple of kids.
You can't teach a stick to fetch a dog...
www.roundrockranching.com

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Postby leanin' H » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Send my regards to Cory's family as well RSL. Thanks for the reminder Shawn. Don't be a stranger :)
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

ShawnR

Postby ShawnR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Good to hear they are well. RSL , pass on to Ty that his dad's friend who guides in Alaska and ranches in Mn thinks of them often and am only a call away if they need anything. Shawn

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 pm

That is good too hear RSL, my regards to the family as well.
On a side note, do you happen to know a fella named Nels Hanson from that area? Corey worked for him at one time a long time ago.

Big Swede
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Swede » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 pm

I think about Northern Rancher all the time. I never met him but considered him a friend. We talked about getting together the last year he was alive. If I had to do it over again I would have made a point to drive to Canada to meet him. It's weird how you can "meet" somebody online that you connect with. When I was considering the move from winter calving to calving on grass there was a few here that I really appreciated and valued their input. Two fellow Ranchers.net contributors I credit for a lot of advice and support are Northern Rancher and rancherfred. There were others too that I can't remember their handles but I appreciate their input too.

I don't frequent Ranchers that much anymore but I do check in periodically, mainly to look at Soapweeds pictures. I've been on Facebook for a couple months but find myself in arguments with some liberal friends that all that seems to get accomplished is raising my blood pressure. I've determined that Facebook is overrated and a waste of time. Anyway, just thought I would check in and say "Hi" to some old friends.
"The only people who should work at night are whores and thieves." - Northern Rancher

rancherfred

Postby rancherfred » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Big Swede wrote:I don't frequent Ranchers that much anymore but I do check in periodically, mainly to look at Soapweeds pictures. I've been on Facebook for a couple months but find myself in arguments with some liberal friends that all that seems to get accomplished is raising my blood pressure. I've determined that Facebook is overrated and a waste of time. Anyway, just thought I would check in and say "Hi" to some old friends.

By the time I got done hiding all of the posts on Facebook from people that were irritating me with their garbage and self-centered posts I am left with about three guys that I went to high school with. It turns people into narcissists, or maybe it just allows self-centered people a bigger stage.

Do you post under the same name on Agtalk?

Big Swede
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Swede » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:32 am

Yes I do but I noticed you don't.
"The only people who should work at night are whores and thieves." - Northern Rancher

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 am

We welcome recovering Facebook junkies here at Ranchers, there is only a few of the old faithful here but seem to have some old names showing up once in a while. :D :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

rancherfred

Postby rancherfred » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Big Swede wrote:Yes I do but I noticed you don't.

Yeah, I post under my real name there. I was worried about the rough crowd here when I signed up. When I met my future mother-in-law for the first time for some reason I am still not clear about she was sure that my name was Fred. I have used it over the years to pick on her.

Return to “Ranch Talk”