Ranchers.net Bull Session

Fun visit

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Fun visit

Postby Nicky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Got to meet another of the Ranchers.net family today!! JDBalerman and wife stopped in on their way back home from wintering in Arizona. They were going to come yesterday but it was too windy to drive their big rig. It was a very short visit as they had a ways to drive and we had
a bull sale to watch (thought we might buy something but didn't). They are VERY nice people and hope to see them the next time they come this way, or we get to Canada, whichever comes first...probably them coming here.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Fun visit

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 pm

They stopped in here a few years back.
I totally agree with you, they are very nice people.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:44 pm

That's awesome. Nobody ever stops in to see me. Could be my out of the way location but probably my prickly personality..... lol

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Nicky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 pm

Silver wrote:That's awesome. Nobody ever stops in to see me. Could be my out of the way location but probably my prickly personality..... lol

Ha, if we ever get up there we'll stop by

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 pm

Silver wrote:That's awesome. Nobody ever stops in to see me. Could be my out of the way location but probably my prickly personality..... lol

When we were up there and visited many of the ranchers.net folks,we called you and you were busy. We were close by and wished it would have worked out. Dylan Biggs was also too busy. We TOTALLY enjoyed everyone we visited with and JD Balerman and Barb were among those. Great people, all. I think that is a Canadian characteristic. :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:24 am

Faster horses wrote:

When we were up there and visited many of the ranchers.net folks,we called you and you were busy. We were close by and wished it would have worked out. Dylan Biggs was also too busy. We TOTALLY enjoyed everyone we visited with and JD Balerman and Barb were among those. Great people, all. I think that is a Canadian characteristic. :D

Still waiting for you to come back and camp a summer at Morrison Meadow. I'll even supply a pony for Mr. FH's pleasure.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

JDBalerman

Postby JDBalerman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Nicky;
We are excited to have met another Rancher.net family. We really enjoyed our short visit. Your cattle and the facilities that you have built look great. They should both serve you very well. It is nice to see new calves that are doing so well and look so happy and healthy.

It is always interesting to us when we meet new ranchers and farmers, that tho we may live 500 or 1000 miles apart, and have a international border between us, our thoughts, our outlook on life, our challenges, and our rewards (or lack there-of) are so similar.

It was great to meet you and, God willing, and the creeks don't rise, we will meet again.

Thanks again for coffee.
JDBalerman

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:39 pm

gcreekrch wrote:
Faster horses wrote:

Still waiting for you to come back and camp a summer at Morrison Meadow. I'll even supply a pony for Mr. FH's pleasure.

If it is as hot here as it was last summer, it might not be long until we are in your driveway!
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

lavacarancher

Postby lavacarancher » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Next time you have a chinook come through we'll stop by. Too dang cold up there. :lol:

Return to “Ranch Talk”