Brad S wrote:Are you talking about puts for insurance big muddy? I can never justify the cost for puts until after the wreck. Right now, 6 month out at the money (ish) puts are around $7 or ~5%. (Roughly rounded numbers)
I think another workable hedge is being strong enough to hold cattle into the next phase of growership - if you sell calves, hold and grow to yearlings. This is sorta like getting stuck in the mud, sometimes you just get in deeper.
Soapweed spreads out sales and that's pretty savy operation too. I'm thinking like rsl and shorted 2 contracts on grass calves in greenwood county. I hope to sell out before roundup in July.
Brad S wrote:$4.50/cwt for 6 months time risk seems like a good deal.
Brad S wrote:Diamond, when do you sell fall calves? Do you push them or try to winter them cheap? Spread out sales (soapweed rule) is plenty smart.
Has everyone been hearing about lab grown meat? Maybe in stores in a few years? At the very least, it has to hurt market psychology.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests