Ranchers.net Bull Session

Kick in the sore spot

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Kick in the sore spot

Postby mrj » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:30 am

Congratulations George! Soapweed is right. The rewards of spending time with little kids are great, and I believe the kids, right from birth, benefit at least as much as we grand and great grand parents do.

A warning: having spent over 8 hours with a two and a half year old yesterday, and me being 77 (for four more days) it does take time to recover! She was very good, and even slept for about three hours after we spent about that long outdoors washing lawn furniture and other 'garden hose jobs'. Quality time and LOTS of conversation wore both of us out. It is surprising how much entertainment value just a trickle of water from a hose, a couple of small buckets and a few plants in pots can have for a tiny little gardener! At over 100% before noon, there seemed no danger of overwatering those plants.

Not sure if you have older grandkids, George, but am sure every one with be uniquely special for your family. Get set for the best time of your life!

mrj

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Faster horses wrote:Yes, congratulations George. I hope you get a big fat cigar. :D :D

It posted, heat must be getting to ya :lol: :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

George
Rancher
Rancher

Postby George » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 am

mrj wrote:Congratulations George! Soapweed is right. The rewards of spending time with little kids are great, and I believe the kids, right from birth, benefit at least as much as we grand and great grand parents do.

A warning: having spent over 8 hours with a two and a half year old yesterday, and me being 77 (for four more days) it does take time to recover! She was very good, and even slept for about three hours after we spent about that long outdoors washing lawn furniture and other 'garden hose jobs'. Quality time and LOTS of conversation wore both of us out. It is surprising how much entertainment value just a trickle of water from a hose, a couple of small buckets and a few plants in pots can have for a tiny little gardener! At over 100% before noon, there seemed no danger of overwatering those plants.

Not sure if you have older grandkids, George, but am sure every one with be uniquely special for your family. Get set for the best time of your life!

mrj

Yes I have an "almost 10" year old grand daughter and an "almost 7" years old grand son - - - They live about 3 miles from me as the crow flies and are here a lot ( I love it).

We have a contract with "Grand ma Vell" and if she has to move out with her age and health we are going to buy her house and what is left of her farm and my daughter then will live between my son and I - - - right now she is about 8 miles away so I intend to spend a lot of time with the entire herd!

About a month ago when I ask my grand daughter if she thought she would still be my favorite grand daughter after the new one came she replied "Absolutely, no winey slobbery brat will take my place" She had the biggest grin, I love the fact that she has a great personality - - - she takes charge at school and at church and is “mother hen" to all the younger children.
They are a blessing but you are right sometimes they can wear out this 69 year old body!
Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Got a kick out of what your granddaughter said,
Lucky you to have them so close. We were many miles away from our only grandchild. You just don't get to interact
with them when they are far away. They say grandparents are VERY important to kids.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 am

That's pretty funny, George. Thanks for the laugh. :-)

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 am

In the immortal words of that famous Nebraskan, Larry the Cable guy," I don't care who you are,That right there was funny"lol

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Return to “Ranch Talk”