Ranchers.net Bull Session

Anyone still around here

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Anyone still around here

Postby backhoeboogie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

m5farm wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:TexasBred is a member here. Uses that name here. He don't like me. His banter has gone on for years. It ain't no big thing.

If I want him to say the light is red, I just say it's green.

I wasn't real sure if it was real or a act.

There are a few over there that don't like me but I don't care. I much prefer that to folks that act like they do and then talk behind your back

At work my bunch all sits together at lunch. There's tables we avoid. Others come and sit and that's okay too. We have a bond. A trust. A comfort zone. We cut up and it's all good. No one means to harm anyone when they're being funny.

There's people in the forums I wouldn't want to sit with. Yet there are others I'd love to share a cup of coffee with.

I pity CG8. Poor gal just ain't got a life. She's stretching for value. I read that tire thread. Her story kept changing. She doesn't remember lies she's told two pages back. I have no idea why TB defends her. Then there are those who encourage her. It's all a very sad situation.

Ron then starts talking CONTROL. I never saw any of us controlling anything. Or wanting to. I just kept seeing good conversation disrupted. Threads locked. Threads disappear completely. People offended.

There are people I do care about. Value their opinions. I've met some in person. Other times I see two good people disagreeing. They need to work it out. They don't need the whole dang forum involved.

I brought up Jerry Springer's show. Now it seems everyone is using that analogy. Lol
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:43 pm

I agree , I think most forget that everything that is typed is preserved forever or as long as there is an internet. I've said some things I prolly shouldn't have but at the end of the day I am not going to let a forum or facebook dictate my life. I have been using forums since I got a desktop in the 90's. I enjoy them and the interaction is far better than another kind of social media. I Also don't get why so many people have to judge a person by what they have or don't have. Like for instance here. I had someone say that Ranchers was mainly for people with Large ranches while the term may apply if you manage 10 head or 10k head the basic principles apply . "grass in front , Bull Behind" the Ag community should support The Hobby guy that just wants to say he has cows or the Part time guy that says I can only manage 50 head and work a day job .

cow pollinater

Postby cow pollinater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:57 pm

I have been accused of being arguementitive more on ct than any other time in my life. Truth is I'm pretty easy to get along with. I won't be pushed around very long and I will speak my mind but the only person on that board that I wouldn't go out of my way to help is the guy that openly blew up on a few ladies and made it vulgar and personal and it was unprovoked each time. I just can't get along with trash like that and prior to that I had given him a lot of advice. Now I wish I hadn't of helped him. I went back the last time I heard he got banned but now he's back to posting at least five times per thread so it's time to leave. Honestly, the parts I enjoy most is helping people that are trying to improve their herd and talking to other real cowmen(not gender specific) and it seems like it's turned into a backyard cow forum so both types are rare.

cow pollinater

Postby cow pollinater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 pm

M5 I agree. I respect a lot of small operators that are passionate more than I do mid to large operators that quit trying years ago. It's fun to help people with five or ten head that are excited about it.

Ol' 243

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Two bad apples spoiling the barrel, I never had a cross word with anyone on there till now. CG8 is just a nut case, Ron is an a$$hat.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Yall Pm the Sane ones and tell them to come here. let the other stay and they can have the playground all to them selves while the adults have civilized conversations . It should be a win win for macon rather than all us just quitting or taking off to another board

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:TexasBred is a member here. Uses that name here. He don't like me. His banter has gone on for years. It ain't no big thing.

If I want him to say the light is red, I just say it's green.

Someone said "TB" on Cattle Today, so I was trying to figure out who TB was. I was wrong. No harm intended. :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:51 pm

m5farm wrote:I agree , I think most forget that everything that is typed is preserved forever or as long as there is an internet. I've said some things I prolly shouldn't have but at the end of the day I am not going to let a forum or facebook dictate my life. I have been using forums since I got a desktop in the 90's. I enjoy them and the interaction is far better than another kind of social media. I Also don't get why so many people have to judge a person by what they have or don't have. Like for instance here. I had someone say that Ranchers was mainly for people with Large ranches while the term may apply if you manage 10 head or 10k head the basic principles apply . "grass in front , Bull Behind" the Ag community should support The Hobby guy that just wants to say he has cows or the Part time guy that says I can only manage 50 head and work a day job .

We have everyone here and no one gets heckled, that I can remember, for the size of their operation. Maybe for color of cows, or for feeding or not feeding mineral :D :D :D or NCBA vs RCalf, but that's about it. Pretty much no one holds grudges, or if they do we aren't aware of it.

Actually, it's been a great learning place for many. Questions get answered and/or debated. Pretty darn nice to get more than one view on things.

There aren't many women left here...myself and mrj...that's about it.

Sure would be nice to get the Photo Contest going again, but I'd need some help with it. It kinda died and that's too bad. It was fun. We had a weekly contest where members could vote on their favorite photo and we announced the winner. It added a lot to the forum, I think.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:03 pm

There are some Fabulous Smart and Tough women on CT . Im going to try and get a few over here Most just want to talk cows and stay away form the BS of the coffee Shop. But an active coffee shop drives traffic

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:04 pm

The mineral debate has been settled I thought either to do it right and feed Loose mineral and loose salt or do it wrong and not feed mineral and salt.

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 pm

m5farm wrote:There are some Fabulous Smart and Tough women on CT . Im going to try and get a few over here Most just want to talk cows and stay away form the BS of the coffee Shop. But an active coffee shop drives traffic

We lost a lot of cattlewomen thru the years. Good ones.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

Ol' 243

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 pm

I sent CG8 a PM and let her know we were over here.

Return to “Coffee Shop”