Ranchers.net Bull Session

Anyone still around here

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
m5farm

Re: Anyone still around here

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:I sent CG8 a PM and let her know we were over here.

I know where wedowee is at and it won't be dream

Ol' 243

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 pm

m5farm wrote:

I knew that would stir yo a $$ up. :lol:

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
m5farm wrote:

I knew that would stir yo a $$ up. :lol:

She won't last here. Lammie left here and came back to CT saying, "those people are just mean".

CG8's dumbass comments won't be deleted here. When she tells a lie on page 2 but forgets it on page 4, it will remain. Forever.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm

I always enjoyed the candor ofvthis forum , I just never commented much

Red Bull

Postby Red Bull » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Only took 3 tries to get my password right.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 pm

I've been here almost since the beginning, I'm with FH in that I don't remember anybody getting slammed for the size of their place or the number of cows.
We have lots of very knowledgeable people here from different areas with ideas that work for them and could quite possibly work for us.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:09 am

Big Muddy rancher wrote:I've been here almost since the beginning, I'm with FH in that I don't remember anybody getting slammed for the size of their place or the number of cows.
We have lots of very knowledgeable people here from different areas with ideas that work for them and could quite possibly work for us.

I know back years ago y'all were alot more active than CT , I didn't like the format and once it was changed to current one I would come more often but the traffic was non existent

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 am

The name "ranchers" seems to scare people away. Funny how that is.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 am

Big Muddy rancher wrote:I've been here almost since the beginning, I'm with FH in that I don't remember anybody getting slammed for the size of their place or the number of cows.

I didn't start here until 10 years ago. Used the same name as CT. I used to get tickled at people who had one name here and a different name there. Someone would be arguing like hades here and then telling the same person about it over in CT. It was hilarious.

cow pollinater

Postby cow pollinater » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:16 am

I signed up a few years ago but only made a post or two. At the time I was in the peak of my AI career and CT had a lot more people asking questions and discussing that so I wound up over there most of the time. Now I'd be happy if everyone were to forget that I know anything about it and running cows is the bulk of my income (bees are the other main source bhb) so I don't have much reason to continue to put up with the drama over there.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 am

cow pollinater wrote:I signed up a few years ago but only made a post or two. At the time I was in the peak of my AI career and CT had a lot more people asking questions and discussing that so I wound up over there most of the time. Now I'd be happy if everyone were to forget that I know anything about it and running cows is the bulk of my income (bees are the other main source bhb) so I don't have much reason to continue to put up with the drama over there.

How would they ever figure it out with a handle like that

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 am

cow pollinater wrote: (bees are the other main source bhb)

That's good to know C P

I've been reading my ass off. It seems bees are a lot like cattle. Some poor fool like me gets two hives and all of the sudden they are a guru. People posting information that looks credible, but I don't know enough to sort out the BS from the real gems.

Ron has had bees for decades and he got me started. He's been out and coached me as to what I needed to do. I wrote most of it down but should have written more. I did all the physical changes including adding R60 foam insulation and new box covers.

My wife's family had bees so she is familiar with them. But most of her experience is observation or extracting honey in the honey house.

CP 3 years ago we had no bees. My boysenberry and blackberry plants didn't get pollinated. That's why I have bees. I've only got 16 peach trees so they are not a big thing and they seem to come along a little later with their blooming.

Feral bees have been coming the past two years but that is not something I can count on. Having my own is a win/win.

I am not the least bit opposed to advice. I can always take it or leave it. CG8 dialog exchange was not something that interested me.

I am three months in to raising bees. Feeding each hive a gallon each week. They are expanding. Each hive is two boxes. 10 full frames on bottom box and 9 frames and a 1 gallon feeder on top. We rolled the outside frames to the middle of the top box when we added it. Put 4 empty frames on the outside of the bottom box. Each week I notice more and more colony expansion. I haven't been intrusive. Mostly just feeding them. I have supers. I will probably add them next year.

Return to “Coffee Shop”