Ranchers.net Bull Session

Just Learning

Any topic that doesn't fit in one of the other Boards.
m5farm

Just Learning

Postby m5farm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 am

We are just learning the lay of the land. we are Not trying to cause problems but You will come to appreciate The honesty of this bunch.

Red Bull

Re: Just Learning

Postby Red Bull » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 am

I don't have a problem playing by the rules. Just need to know what they are. Its the moderators call, that's fine by me.

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Boy that was quick. I went to the pistol range and did some shooting today. I dumped 14 out of 15 of rapid fire in a head at 30' and got whistled, didn't know you weren't allowed to shoot rapid fire. I also learned my little LCP 380 pocket pistol is a handful shooting +p loads.

Haytrucker

Postby Haytrucker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm

I think y'all will get along fine here, although that would not be a standard greeting. We may run a few more or not, we just talk about how to deal with haying when it rains, or how to keep water open 5 or more months per year. A cattle habit knows no bounds, logically or geographically.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 am

Haytrucker wrote:I think y'all will get along fine here, although that would not be a standard greeting. We may run a few more or not, we just talk about how to deal with haying when it rains, or how to keep water open 5 or more months per year. A cattle habit knows no bounds, logically or geographically.

Thanks,

Just need to get more folks active and Talking. Sharing of ideas is what keeps people interested

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:48 am

I need to cut hay, when are we going to have 4 dry days in a row? I want to learn how to predict the weather.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 am

highgrit wrote:I need to cut hay, when are we going to have 4 dry days in a row? I want to learn how to predict the weather.

You and me both, we are in better shape than most tho. Some have not got first cut yet.

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am

m5farm wrote:
highgrit wrote:I need to cut hay, when are we going to have 4 dry days in a row? I want to learn how to predict the weather.

You and me both, we are in better shape than most tho. Some have not got first cut yet.

My back field of pearl millet and crab grass is roof high in some places. And I don't know what to do with it, hopefully the cows will eat it or stomp it down. It's been 2 months since the cows were on it and has to be rank.

lavacarancher

Postby lavacarancher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:50 pm

I can predict it. Just lay the hay down and it will rain!

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

lavacarancher wrote:

I can predict it. Just lay the hay down and it will rain!

Actually, its a blessing to have something to lay down. I remember a few years back that it got so dry cactus died.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

Return to “Everything Else”