Ranchers.net Bull Session

Some nice feedback

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
PPRM
Rancher
Rancher

Some nice feedback

Postby PPRM » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm

I helped a single mom (All of about 5 foot tall and 110 pounds) get some equipment and set it up. Basically, it was a Tub, half sheeted alley and a basic Hydraulic chute. She was really appreciative as we put it up.

Here's the text I got just a bit ago. Keep in mind, she is fairly novice with this stuff as well.

"I just ran my 72 head of cattle through my powder river equipment in three hours, all by myself! I wormed them all and sorted them before and as they left the squeeze chute. I have never been so happy working with my cows and I'm pretty sure my cows had a positive experience too! And damn do I love that catwalk! Thanks again!!"

That's what is the real payback of doing this. Knowing i impacted someone's life to make it easier and safer for them and their cattle.
The difference between a rut and a grave is the depth

PPRM

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Some nice feedback

Postby gcreekrch » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Those little feel good things come along at times at make life worth it.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Nice work. The gratitude gives you a good feeling, and for good reason. The young lady will in turn pass on the helpfulness to someone else.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Good on you for helping and good for her for getting some safe working equipment that will pay dividends for years.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 pm

PPRM wrote:I helped a single mom (All of about 5 foot tall and 110 pounds) get some equipment and set it up. Basically, it was a Tub, half sheeted alley and a basic Hydraulic chute. She was really appreciative as we put it up.

Here's the text I got just a bit ago. Keep in mind, she is fairly novice with this stuff as well.

"I just ran my 72 head of cattle through my powder river equipment in three hours, all by myself! I wormed them all and sorted them before and as they left the squeeze chute. I have never been so happy working with my cows and I'm pretty sure my cows had a positive experience too! And damn do I love that catwalk! Thanks again!!"

That's what is the real payback of doing this. Knowing i impacted someone's life to make it easier and safer for them and their cattle.

I so know that feeling. Good for you, PPRM. Just knowing you made someone's day better is reward in itself.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

Return to “Ranch Talk”