Ranchers.net Bull Session

Still going on

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
lavacarancher

Still going on

Postby lavacarancher » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 am

Wow, it's still going on over at Cattle Today. A bunch of folks who think their word is gospel and everybody should agree with them. The subject this time is the chemical plants along the SE Texas coast being stinky and ugly. Those who object to the plants should not go there! Don't look! There is no one forcing you to look! Without those plants we would all be riding horses or riding in a wagon. Zeeze Louise. This is exactly the reason I left CT.

m5farm

Re: Still going on

Postby m5farm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 am

I haven't been back over there but once a week or so ago to check messages. Dam liberals and do-gooders have ruined it. I've seen thicker skin on gravy.

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 am

There have been a lot of nut jobs come and go thru the years. But there are a few really good folks left. It is a shame that others have left.

We've been warned here not to talk about there. We are free to talk about politics here tho. You are right m5 - way to many liberals over there. They get away with a lot and it seems to be from a PC perspective. Say something positive about my president and everyone gets their panties in a wad.

The dang stock market just keeps climbing. My feet are starting to get cold but it just goes up and up. Hurricane hasn't dampened things.

Lavaca I went and peaked. They were comparing those chem plants to fukushima there is no comparison. The only thing common was a natural disaster I suppose.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

cow pollinater

Postby cow pollinater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:20 pm

I saw it a few minutes ago. I started to comment and then deleted it, Commented on the 9-11 thread instead, logged out and came over here where things make sense. Pretty much the only reason I even look there at all is force of habit. I have a handful of things I look at whenever I sit down at the computer and I feel like I miss out if I don't see them all but I'm not missing much if I remember to forget that one.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:55 pm

You guys are great! Glad you are here. CT loss, our gain! :D

"I've seen thicker skin on gravy." Love this quote.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Faster horses wrote:You guys are great! Glad you are here. CT loss, our gain! :D

There are some folks at CT that I have jawed with for over 10 years. They're great too. I have met a few too. Even better.

The term "rancher" seems to scare them away from here for some reason.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Faster horses wrote:You guys are great! Glad you are here. CT loss, our gain! :D

There are some folks at CT that I have jawed with for over 10 years. They're great too. I have met a few too. Even better.

We have been fortunate to have met many of the members of ranchers.net throughout the years. It has enriched our lives!
Too bad the rancher's part scares them, not sure why...maybe they should check us out as guests. We haven't bitten anyone yet. :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

We point and laugh at folks around here (where I live) when they say we are headed to the ranch or have a fancy named place with ranch behind it. Farm is more appropriate here. Even growing up we raised qtr horses (50 to 75 brood mares) but even tho we rode several daily they were seldom used in cow work. My uncle would always say I'm a plowboy not a cowboy.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Faster horses wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

We have been fortunate to have met many of the members of ranchers.net throughout the years. It has enriched our lives!
Too bad the rancher's part scares them, not sure why...maybe they should check us out as guests. We haven't bitten anyone yet. :D

I've made great friends with several off of CT that I've met.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Faster horses wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

I can think of a couple........... :D
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:53 pm

CT beats Facebook, it's just slow around here, and hard for me to access on my cell phone. But there's not any rainbow liberals on here so that's a good thing.

Workinonit

Postby Workinonit » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:48 pm

m5farm wrote:I haven't been back over there but once a week or so ago to check messages. Dam liberals and do-gooders have ruined it. I've seen thicker skin on gravy.

Yup! It wasn't always that bad. :( But, I guess that's "progress". :?

For a very long time I didn't post much here, whenever I tried, I had to re-log in every time, then I had to re log-in when reading posts, from thread to thread. It was ridiculous, now that doesn't seem to be the case. So I would "lurk" and read the posts, after a while I stopped coming here. Then I would 'pop in' from time to time, and it got very slow. Where did everyone go? Where's Texan? Randiliana and so many of the others?

Anyhow, It seems here, that people have a thicker skin.

Return to “Coffee Shop”