Ranchers.net Bull Session

off topic

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
m5farm

off topic

Postby m5farm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Say or post what ever blows your skirt up. As long as it's within the rules.

m5farm

Re: off topic

Postby m5farm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Having your grand daughter fall asleep in your lap is a mighty good feeling. All is right with my world at this moment.

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Getting all your hay baled before it rains is always a good thing. It doesn't rank with the granddaughter but its good all the same.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

highgrit wrote:Getting all your hay baled before it rains is always a good thing. It doesn't rank with the granddaughter but its good all the same.

I did both today so it's real good.

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Now all you need is a night cap.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 am

All good things must end.

Woke up late this morning. Somehow I locked my truck when I got out of it last night. I never take keys out. Once in it I got behind 2 school buses . 1/2 way to work I realized I left my wallet at home.

backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Postby backhoeboogie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:14 pm

I left my badge in the truck. Couldn't get through the turnstyles and had to go back for it.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

lavacarancher

Postby lavacarancher » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Don't know what to say, M5. At the other place there were always questions that I felt expert enough to give honest answers to but here, no one asks those kinds of questions.

How did you make it through the storm?

Workinonit

Postby Workinonit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:03 pm

When ya have a car for sale, for $500.00, why does it take a buyer, who said "I want it for sure" 4 trips (so far) to come look at it without taking it? :| One trip, was supposed to be a test drive, but the girlfriend didn't want to try it said the boyfriend should do it. (why didn't he try it the 1st 2 times). :roll: I figure 1 more trip, and its still here, I'm going to think that they're casing the joint. :???:

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:10 pm

We faired well , Only got 3" of rain but it was needed and we need quite a bit more all the ponds are dry but we've had good year with timely rain. Business has ticked up some so I suspect the wind helped with leaks

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Workinonit wrote:When ya have a car for sale, for $500.00, why does it take a buyer, who said "I want it for sure" 4 trips (so far) to come look at it without taking it? :| One trip, was supposed to be a test drive, but the girlfriend didn't want to try it said the boyfriend should do it. (why didn't he try it the 1st 2 times). :roll: I figure 1 more trip, and its still here, I'm going to think that they're casing the joint. :???:

Yep, better be careful. If they are young it maybe their way of saying I want it but I need a few more days to scrape up 500 bucks

Workinonit

Postby Workinonit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:19 pm

m5farm wrote:
Workinonit wrote:When ya have a car for sale, for $500.00, why does it take a buyer, who said "I want it for sure" 4 trips (so far) to come look at it without taking it? :| One trip, was supposed to be a test drive, but the girlfriend didn't want to try it said the boyfriend should do it. (why didn't he try it the 1st 2 times). :roll: I figure 1 more trip, and its still here, I'm going to think that they're casing the joint. :???:

Yep, better be careful. If they are young it maybe their way of saying I want it but I need a few more days to scrape up 500 bucks

I'm wanting to believe its the latter. They are not young kids. They're certainly thirties or more. The vehicle they currently drive isn't theirs, they are kind-of the "hard luck" type. She works cleaning, he's helping a "neighbor" with haying & misc. odds and ends. With any luck they'll be here this evening, try it-buy it-drive it away. :)

The next hurdle will be the "old" tractor.

BTW ------ good to see you here M- dash. :)

Return to “Coffee Shop”