Ranchers.net Bull Session

off topic

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
backhoeboogie
Rancher
Rancher

Re: off topic

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote::cowboy:
Like this guy M-5?

If I needed hay, he is as good as any.
A fine is a tax for doing something wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right.

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Drove over 800 miles and spent a stupid amount of money yesterday, to get my wife a miniature Yorkie for her birthday. Someone kick me.

m5farm

Postby m5farm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Traveler wrote:Drove over 800 miles and spent a stupid amount of money yesterday, to get my wife a miniature Yorkie for her birthday. Someone kick me.

I think that was punishment enough

Workinonit

Postby Workinonit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Traveler wrote:Drove over 800 miles and spent a stupid amount of money yesterday, to get my wife a miniature Yorkie for her birthday. Someone kick me.

Clearly you, very much, love your wife.

No need to kick you, given enough time, that little dog will bit you. :wink:

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Here is wishing you many years of yapping. :D
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Took my wife with me to buy some cows off the farm today. She cried when she saw how poor they looked. Very sad day for us.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 pm

highgrit wrote:Took my wife with me to buy some cows off the farm today. She cried when she saw how poor they looked. Very sad day for us.

I've seen it sometimes and cried too. Was it in a spot where there was drought, or was it just poor management?
If horses were treated like some cows, the owners would be turned in.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

highgrit

Postby highgrit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:51 am

It was just plum disrespect for a animals well being. And no management at all, his pastures were solid weeds. The guy was a horder and 75 years old with no family. He had a decent hay field but sold all the hay instead of feeding it. He just doesn't care and won't spend a dime on up keep or maintenance. Very sad deal, just goes to prove money can't buy happiness.

Workinonit

Postby Workinonit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 pm

highgrit wrote:It was just plum disrespect for a animals well being. And no management at all, his pastures were solid weeds. The guy was a horder and 75 years old with no family. He had a decent hay field but sold all the hay instead of feeding it. He just doesn't care and won't spend a dime on up keep or maintenance. Very sad deal, just goes to prove money can't buy happiness.

That is sad indeed. The worst has got to be that there is a perfectly good hayfield (grass=food) but the cattle can't have it. :mad:

cow pollinater

Postby cow pollinater » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 pm

We moved about eighteen months ago from central CA to eastern OK. We bought a home sight unseen to go with the ranch we wanted and recently decided to sell it and build on the ranch. I was grumbling today about moving stuff again and my daughter reminded me that this time I only have to haul it fifteen minutes. Sometimes I wish I had the clarity of a child's mind.

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 pm

The Yorkie mentioned above is now ~~2 lbs. of pure ferocity. Rules over the big dog.

The ongoing weaning project is winding down. Moved some cows back to pasture that we pulled the calves last Tuesday, and rounded up that last ~300 pairs and got them within 5 miles of the corrals. Oops, it's Sunday.

Return to “Coffee Shop”