Ranchers.net Bull Session

Orphan-No-More

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Orphan-No-More

Postby Soapweed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Faster horses wrote:
bmstein wrote:Soapweed, you were tougher when I worked for you.

He was tough enough to contract West Nile and live to tell about it.

I must not be too tough. Most people that get West Nile feel a little under the weather for a couple days, and then they are over it. The darn stuff just about killed me.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Soapweed wrote:
Faster horses wrote:
bmstein wrote:Soapweed, you were tougher when I worked for you.

He was tough enough to contract West Nile and live to tell about it.

I must not be too tough. Most people that get West Nile feel a little under the weather for a couple days, and then they are over it. The darn stuff just about killed me.

Yes, it was a scary time, even for us here on ranchers.net. I think you got a 'double dose' from the mosquitoes.
Best not to minimize it, you could have done the unthinkable.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm

We know several guys who got West Nile about the same time as Soapweed. They lived through it, but believe some were very sick, but not nearly so seriously as Soapweed. And they were all in their '60s.

That is a tough illness to go through. Another one is Shingles. I had a relatively mild case, and it was among the worst pain I've had, mostly on my back, but the rash was on my stomach and didn't bother much. Now, one of our dau-in-laws has it on her face. That is pretty dangerous because it can affect the eyes pretty seriously. Docs are watching it very closely.

mrj

Aaron

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:30 am

Had to bring this back. Bought some of the product this spring and had a chance to use it with fall herd on cow that lost calf to scours. Cow is one of those foxy old girls that does not take another calf other than her own, period. Had a heifer that wasn't milking enough to feed her calf. Smeared powder over cow's nose and rubbed deep into calf head and backline. Cow accepted it immediately and never looked back. Damn good thing to have in cabinet.

Return to “Ranch Talk”