• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hard Twist

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Here a while back, someone was asking about Hard Twist horses, I think. Anyway, I got to looking at the papers on this 4 year old I bought, and his name is Chances Hard Twist. On a 5 generation pedigree, Hard Twist is there. If all Hard Twist horses are like this one, I may have found my new favorite blood line.

If he's a Hard Twist and he's nice, you have found one of the exceptions.
IMO. How far back is the original Hard Twist? Must be pretty far back by now.

Having said that, we owned a couple that were pretty close up Hard Twist and they were great horses.
One was never real gentle, (he was by Kitty Twist by Hard Twist) but he was as good as they come. He came complete with rollers in his nose~ :D
He was really cowy and a cat on his feet, one of the most sure-footed horses we ever rode. We got him when he was 4 years old from Ward Means at Sheridan, Wyoming.

The other was a horse called 'Hard Up' that was really big and when he got older, made our daughter a really nice horse.
He was 9 years old when we got him. He had a lot of personality and it was cute to see; this BIG horse and this little girl. Amazingly he was
Tom Hancock x Hard Twist. His mother held the barrel racing record in Wyoming for many years. Her name was Squaw Hancock.

I hope your new horse turns out like either one of these I just mentioned.

I need to learn how to scan so I can post some of these old pictures.

Good luck with him!

Latest posts