• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Whitewing meets Chikungunya

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
And it wasn't pretty.

Mosquito-borne virus that puts you on your back for 3-4 days. As my dad used to say, first I was afraid I was going to die, then I was afraid I wasn't.

The powerful headache and fever were bad enough but the joint pain was almost unbearable. I swear, every bone in my body hurt. One can hardly stand up from the bed though the only reason one would want to leave the bed is for the bathroom.

I've heard that this virus has swept the country, though I can't confirm that. I do know that it has swept this pueblo as I've talked to a dozen or more neighbors who are just now recovering from it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-17/african-virus-outbreak-in-caribbean-prompts-warnings.html

Sounds like West Nile up here. Just ask Soap.
Hope your feeling better soon. With all the late rains we have more mosquitoes in the country then we did all summer. I was down to Malta MT the first of the week and they were BAD. Still lots of standing water and bales still sitting in it in places.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sounds like West Nile up here. Just ask Soap.
Hope your feeling better soon. With all the late rains we have more mosquitoes in the country then we did all summer. I was down to Malta MT the first of the week and they were BAD. Still lots of standing water and bales still sitting in it in places.

Big Muddy, I haven't read up on West Nile, but I did see someone somewhere say the same...that there are similarities. On Saturday a buddy of mine who was recovering from it told me came as close to crying as he had in years from the pain and frustration from total lack of strength in his legs and arms.

By Sunday night I was in the same boat. For the record, I'm feeling much better.

Latest posts