Ranchers.net Bull Session

What would a great granddaughter of easy jet be sold for?

Stories and questions about our best friends.
alexislunsford

What would a great granddaughter of easy jet be sold for?

Postby alexislunsford » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Looking at a 18 month old fill for sale, wondering what her proper value could be [/img]

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: What would a great granddaughter of easy jet be sold for

Postby Faster horses » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:46 pm

alexislunsford wrote:Looking at a 18 month old fill for sale, wondering what her proper value could be [/img]

Depends.
On where you are.
What kind of shape is she in.
Do you get the registration papers.
What color she is.

These things all figure into what she is worth.
"All the Democrats know how to do is lie and “forget.”--Trey Gowdy

alexislunsford

Postby alexislunsford » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Location in south ga, she's in good shape, I will get reg papers and her color is chestnut.

loomixguy
Rancher
Rancher

Re: What would a great granddaughter of easy jet be sold for

Postby loomixguy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:12 am

alexislunsford wrote:Looking at a 18 month old fill for sale, wondering what her proper value could be [/img]

That's a loaded question if there ever was one. FH is right, there are many factors, but you need to remember, every generation away from the 14 Ranch, the blood is that much less pure. Is this filly going to go to the track, the show ring, to do dressage, to rope steers, or to just go to the backyard, eat hay, and "I've got a great grand daughter of Easy Jet."?

My Dad had a stud that was double bred Old Sorrel. That sure didn't mean that he owned the King Ranch. They've gotta be worth $500 before they're worth any more, and registration papers aren't any better than the person who applied for them.

Too many variables to say without a doubt that she's worth X dollars. Kinda like "What's a 2011 F350 worth?" You've gotta nail it down a little more specific than that.
Arguing with a Kansas State fan is like playing chess with a pigeon.

No matter how good you are, the pigeon is just going to s*** on the chessboard and strut around like it won anyway.

alexislunsford

Postby alexislunsford » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 am

I'd like to use her for barrels, she built well. I tried posting am image of her apples but it won't allow me on the phone I will try later from the computer.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 pm

I've got a young mare with Peppy San on the front side of her papers. Might just giver her away to a good home.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:41 am

You can buy reigistered mares all day long here for $300 to $600 not much value in pedigrees and papers it's the training that makes a horse valueable. Thats why I'm so set against people breeding mares just to get an awe moment for a few months.
If your dreams don't scare you there not big enough!

Return to “Horses & Dogs”