• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures ----- a change of pace;

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
Some of the country we have ridden is kind of easy on the eyes. We always enjoyed seeing new country and southern Utah seems to have a lot of great scenery. This slot canyon is a little north of Kanab, only a few miles from the Arizona boarder.

My grand daughter and son,, a few years back.

Note the driftwood log high over head. The flood water must have been running fast and deep to put it there.

Ol Blue made it possible to see a lot of Utah's realestate. We chased few cows and roped a few heals along the way. It was a lot of fun and made a bunch of memorys.

Great photos Mustang. That is a part of the world I would enjoy seeing in person one day.

I hope H isn't too far past the dementia he has now by the time I'm old enough to retire and wander. I'll need a guide..................

gcreekrch said:
Great photos Mustang. That is a part of the world I would enjoy seeing in person one day.

I hope H isn't too far past the dementia he has now by the time I'm old enough to retire and wander. I'll need a guide..................

I will be able to find my way back but I doubt I could get you home! :D Come on out. We can get lost together.

Stunning scenery! They look pretty high -30 - 40' in places? Can you ride a horse all the way through one of those slots?

Thanks for posting them mustang.

leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:

I will be able to find my way back but I doubt I could get you home! :D Come on out. We can get lost together.

Never been lost.......... slightly bewildered for 3 or 4 days ............. but never lost. :wink:

burnt said:
Stunning scenery! They look pretty high -30 - 40' in places? Can you ride a horse all the way through one of those slots?

Thanks for posting them mustang.

This one, like most have a "jump" along the way, usually neat the top where they narrow down, that would keep rider from getting out the upper end. We have ridden through one below Boulder Utah, in Wolverine Canyon. It narrows to about seven or eight feet for about a quarter mile. There is another one called Wide Mouth Canyon that I hiked down and back through. Had I known what it was like, I'd have ridden my horse through it.

Latest posts