• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures--------------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
My grand son wanted to go rabbit hunting. He said it would be OK to go check on the mustangs first and be ready to hunt just before the sun went down when it was a little cooler.

We were lucky enough to find about ninety head at the sheep trough along the Pony Express Trail road. The grand son was pretty impressed. It was his first time getting so close to a wild horse.

Gypsy was exceptionally friendly, she walked up to within about six or eight feet. I should have had an apple.

Peanut enjoying a free lunch. Old Gypsy is looking beat up and abused. She is getting "along in years."

The War Horses.

Further down the road at Simpson Spring we found "The Ten Head" that usually hang out about two miles west of Simpson. They are not very friendly and normally we can't get close enough to take a picture. They stayed on the water long enough to get a shot or two.

Further along at The Hard Pan, our luck was exceptional. We found One Ear and a band of about fifty head. This stud though this colts were infringing on his territory and proceeded to vent his frustrations. You would think he would pick on someone his own size.

One Ear to the rescue.

The old boy is looking pretty good for such a dry year. It's interesting he isn't scared up like some of the studs. He either has a mean reputation,, or fast on his feet.

I don't think One Ear can deny being the father of these two.

The AWOL buckskin mare has a new baby. When I see his color, I suspect maybe Ol One Ear has been "sneaking around" at night.

Even in hot weather if you step over the line, you can get in trouble.

Great pictures again! That last shot with the dirt flying is incredible! Those horses are almost all looking in pretty good condition. The buckskin's colt is looking nicely filled out too.

Thanks for posting!

Surprising how good horses can look on basically nothing much in the way of forage. Glad they have water. You are right, Ol One Ear isn't scarred up......that is amazing.....I see he has a big knee on the profile photo of him.....but even domestic stallions can
have that.

Yep, Gypsy is looking thinner than usual. :( How old do you think she might be?

Pretty neat that you took your grandson along and he was interested in the mustangs.

Thanks again for sharing the photos.

Great pictures and what is really special is you know them so well you can tell a story with them. A "photographer " might be able to take nice pictures but you know your subject so well it brings them to life.

I need to recognize and thank those of you who take an interest in these pictures. As I've stated before there is no one in my family
who have any interest in mustangs. So what you people have to say has a lot of meaning to me. It's easy for me to a take the pictures and
post them on here because of the love I have for those mustangs. It's a real rush for me, to find people who share that same interest.

Thanks again; Mustang

Latest posts