• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Road Trip Pictures----------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
I've been thinking that something besides mustang picture we be a welcome change.

I've been bugging my younger brother to go a little road trip through South Eastern Utah, for some unknown reason, he agreed, and we were off. Being the self serving person I am, I headed or Green River Utah, to give Ol Blue a pat on the head. As it turned out, I couldn't find his new owner and he wasn't in the pasture where I'd found him before. With a heavy heart, :( :( we headed west.

When we came to Hwy. 72 we turned south toward Fremont. We could see The La Sal mountain east of Moab far to the east and The Fish Lake mountains to the west. The leaves either haven't started to turn or we were too late. The country all looked pretty drab.

While driving over the Boulder we kept an eye out for Ho55 but I'm guessing those cows he's hunting don't hang out on the oil road.

I had a little heart throb when we stopped on the top of the Boulder and I showed my brother all the country down in the Circle Cliffs where I'd chased cows for about ten years. We could see Wagon Box, Deer Point, Stud Horse Peaks, The head of Horse Canyon and even as for as Navajo Mountain. Further to the west we could see where the Fifty Mile Bench ends just this side of The Colorado River and Lake Powell. It sure did bring back a lot of memories, most good but some cold, wet, and hard saddles.

Just past Boulder Ut. we drove across the Hell"s Back Bone road and looked down into Calf Creek. Years ago I'd hiked up to the falls with my Boy Scouts. I didn't think I'd do it again today. There's two or three miles of that road that scares the crap out of me, even after driving it dozens of times. Very narrow and a long way down on both sides. I had no thought of trying to get a picture of it.

The town of Escalante has done them selves proud with the addition of this clean little building.

Even though I knew that any pictures I took in Bryce Canyon would look bleached out because the angle of the sun, we took the time to drive in part way and shoot a couple of shots.

Red Canyon just south of Panguitch Ut. wasn't much better, but I needed proof that we were there.

Thanks for sharing the awesome scenery, especially because there is no way I would travel through such rugged places!

mrj

Latest posts