• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures ---------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
We couldn't find the main band so we drove on to Simpson Spring. We found what we use to call, the band of six, at the lower pond. They have increased over the years to about twelve head. Two years ago we couldn't get within a half mile of them. Now we can get close enough for some decent pictures.

With the recent rain we were wondering if Ol One Ear would have headed for some different range. However he was not far from the same place we found him before.

I tried to hold them up, so we could get some pictures but they were having none of that.

We drove down over the ridge and found the rest of the band. That cold has really good balance to stand on that tree.

This paint mare came over to break up the fight.

One Ear and his band came down to see what was happening.

One Ear's sons getting acquainted with the neighbors.

Mother and son.

Table Mountain in the background. You can see the Bonneville Terrace about half way up on the mountain. Lake Bonneville covered a lot of Utah and neighboring states in ancient history.

I think they are younger than the mountain in the background, maybe even younger than me.

A colt in the sand is easier to catch. :? :?

Pretty sharp photos there. Bonneville Terrace, that's interesting. You always give us a glimpse of what we wouldn't see or know about without you showing and telling us. That must have been one huge lake. I know here in SE Montana we are living at the bottom of a lake in ancient times, pretty salty ground around here in places.

Glad you found One Ear alive and well. Thanks for the pictures!

Wow, those paints are sharp!

The son in the "mother and son pic" reminds me a lot of a beautiful filly that I raised out of a palomino mare that I had years ago. Same color golden mane but her blaze was quite narrow down her face. She was the best natured, quietest horse I ever had. One time when my Dad was walking up and down the pasture field with a hand seeder putting on some extra grass seed, she was following right behind him, giving him a poke between the shoulders every now and then as if to say "keep going buddy, we're almost done". I'll long remember that sight. The colt there reminded me of it again. Thanks for posting!

Latest posts