• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Medidation on the way of the Cross

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Martin Jr.

Reaction score
Short Way of The Cross:
First Station: Jesus condemned to death:
We adore you, O Christ and we bless you.
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. O Jesus! So meek and uncomplaining, teach me resignation in trial.

Second Station: Jesus carries his cross:
We Adore you, O Christ and we bless you.
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. My Jesus this Cross should be mine not yours; my sins crucified you.

Third Station: Our Lord falls the first time:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. O Jesus! By this first fall, never let me fall into serious sin.

Fourth Station: Jesus meets his Mother:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. O Jesus! May no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the Road of the Cross.

Fifth Station: Simon the Cyrenean Helps Jesus carry his Cross.
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. Simon unwillingly assisted you; ma I with patience suffer all for you.

Sixth Station: Veronica wipes the Face of Jesus:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. O Jesus, You did imprint your Sacred features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart.

Seventh Station: Jesus falls the second time:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. By your second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.

Eighth Station: Jesus consoles the women of Jerusalem:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. My greatest consolation would be to hear you say: "Many sins are forgiven you, because you have loved much."

Ninth Station: Jesus falls the third time:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. O Jesus! When weary upon life' s long journey, be my strength and my perseverance.

Tenth Station: Jesus stripped of his garments:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition.

Eleventh Station: Jesus nailed to the Cross:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. You did forgive your enemies; my God, teach me to forgive injuries and forget them.

Twelfth Station: Jesus dies on the Cross:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. You are dying, my Jesus, but your Sacred Heart still throbs with love for your sinful children.

Thirteenth Station: Jesus taken down from the Cross:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. Receive me into your arms, O Sorrowful Mother and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins.

Fourteenth Station: Jesus laid in the Sepulchre:
Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world. When I receive you into my heart in Holy communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place for your adorable Body.

(From Prayerbook for Servicemen and women 1959)

Latest posts