• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help with prescription drug costs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
The husband of a friend of mine is very ill and the drug costs for him are staggering and not working. They are going to try a new drug that will cost $2000/month. They have insurance (maybe Medicare) that will pay $1200/month but they still have to come up with the difference of $800/month.

My question is, do any of you reading this know how to go about getting financial help to make this easier? They don't expect FREE but they sure need some help. She works and he is retired so this is catastrophic to them. I don't know how the 'donut hole' works, but I would think that would kick in after awhile. The $2000/mo drug is not the only drug he is taking of course, so the total amount is even more.

Thanks in advance.

Many pharmaceutical companies offer programs to help patients afford the drugs they need. Your friend may want to check with the actual company to see if there are any programs available for the medications he has to take. Might want to check for all of his medications as the different mfgs have different programs.
Offering up a prayer for his success and health.

Have they tried sourcing the drugs from Canada? I know a lot of Americans do that.

Faster horses said:
Silver said:
Have they tried sourcing the drugs from Canada? I know a lot of Americans do that.

She is looking into Canada. Do you know anything about Blue Sky Drugs or Glole Drug? Thank you....she hadn't thought
of looking to Canada!

I'm sorry, I haven't heard of them, nor am I familiar with any companies that do export. All I do know is that many Americans source medications from up here. I guess some googling for companies, then Googling for reviews of the companies found might be productive.

What's crazy is people from Canada are coming to the U.S. to see doctors and U.S. citizens are going to Canada for drugs.

Latest posts