• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures-------------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
First off let me express my displeasure with those who moderate Ranchers. Posting pictures is a PITB. If they are trying to kill the
website, they are making great headway.

A little background on the mustangs. They have been running in a area about twenty miles long. There are four permanent sources
of water. When it rains, we find water in three more ponds and numerous low spots along the roads. The band is growing quit rapidly.
Last summer at best we could count 140 head on occasion. Last week I counted 170 head in the main band, 25 head in One Ears band, and another thirty head that run on the Hard Pan. We got a little rain about two weeks ago, but not enough to turn anything green.
The mustangs seem to find plenty to eat, because its a big country. No fires in this country, thats a plus.

The last picture is Gypsy's family. The three previous pictures are of her last years colt, Peanut, He's sure looking good. This years colt we call Sugar. She is growing like a weed. I tried to post a picture of Gypsy, but this wonderful Picture Posting Program wouldn't let me do it. In fact I tried to post 18 pictures and it only allowed 9.

I sure appreciate you posting the pictures and I know many other sure enjoy them.

It is a shame it is so difficult to get pictures posted and why do they seem to show up as Thumb nails that need enlarging?
Maybe a moderator could explain that.

Gypsy's family is looking great.

Thanks again.

mustang, thanks so much for sharing the pictures, especially when it is such a nuisance to get them on here. Sure do hope something can be changed to make it simpler to post photo's. That might even encourage me to share some! And I don't do much new to me on the computer without it being a 'nuisance' to get it figured out, after all these years working at it.

Those horses are so nice looking! It is sad they are not better managed and utilized, at least those that have the natural ability and temperament for training. To leave them unattended and let mean old mother nature control everything is wasteful, as well as costly to natural resources, IMO! Those fights are interesting, but are going to result in damage to some good ones, and too many colts out of studs that have more brawn than brain, again, IMO! If they could just be managed, with castration of young colts, removal of poor quality horses, etc., it seems to me better for all concerned, from those of us who love horses, the environment, and both working and recreation with horses.

I really like Peanut, in spite of the fact he isn't gray! He is growing up to be a really good looking horse. Would you have any guess at how big individual horses are, mustang? There must be sizes for everyone among those groups. It seems pretty hard to find a good, full grown horse on the small side, say no more than 14 hands, these days. Some old guys have trouble getting on, and like a smaller one, while most seem to think 'the taller, the better.

mrj

The paint in the second and fourth picture is a a little taller than average. He is Gypsy's fourth colt. He is one fine looking animal, compared to some of the others. I'd take Peanut home if I had a place to keep him. The BLM have given the mares birth control shots, which in my opinion is a waste of time. Gypsy was given the shot and has delivered eight colts in a row. I don't think she will be around
for many more winters, especially if she has another colt this fall.

Please don't stop posting pictures. 9 is much better than NONE! :D

Peanut is a really typy zebra dun and is growing nicely. He'd looks like he could be in a working horse saddle string.

Great photos! Thanks for taking the trouble to post them for us.

Latest posts