• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed?????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Last night I was watching the show State Plate. The state featured was Nebraska, they mentioned Cherry, Custer and Holt counties were the heaviest cattle populated counties in the USA.
I was wondering is Holt county pasture land of is it a feeding area of the state?

I'm not Soapweed but I do know Holt County. There is some feeding but not any more percentage wise than Custer County. A lot of sandhills range land and pivot irrigated land. It's about the same size as Brown and Rock Counties which lie between Holt and Cherry Counties on highway 20. Custer County is SE of Cherry on highway 2. The second largest county in Nebraska, it has every ag land type found in central Ne. One very large feedlot has both locations there.

Big Muddy rancher said:
The State Plate was Beef steak, corn on the cob, Popcorn ball and a Kolache for dessert.

The State Plate menu sounds good to me. Haytrucker answered your question with more accuracy than I could have. I am proud to be from Cherry County, which has the most cattle of any county in the nation. It is an honor to live here, and it will continue to be, especially if we can just keep the darned wind turbines out. :cboy:

Latest posts